[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The BellyBoard • View topic - I am currently listening to... *

I am currently listening to... *

Moderator: Eoin

Re: I am currently listening to... *

Postby Mully » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:22 am

"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Rocky » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Lisa Hannigan - New, Old and bootleg. She's a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice who makes beautiful music. I like the new album also.
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Mr Benn » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:30 pm

As ever, copious amounts of The Mountain Goats (in particular a full gig that was put up on youtube recently, that had a lot of the more obscure and bizarre songs in the setlist: ). Get this band into your life!
"Your skin is something that I stir into my tea"
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby Mully » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:46 pm

I had 2 nice Bellx1 moments of late ... I dj'd a Vinyl Night in Manchester last weekend, cunningly slipped 'The Great Defector' in which went down a treat.

Also, a friend of mine returned from holiday, I'd given her an old mp3 player with the intention of letting her transfer her music onto it, but we didn't get time in the end so was stcuk with whatever I had on it... She came back loving Dave's 2 solo albums.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:22 pm

yep, i've been playing a lot of bell X1 recently too. Late at night, like the good old times. They never ever fail to pick me up. My best virtual friends. Have I told you lately that I love you? Coz me love you long time.
Nathalie

Postby Nathalie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Lianne La Havas. She's simply amazing. A beautiful musical newbie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYDhQdzo4Io
Nathalie

Postby lilac*mess » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:25 pm

lilac*mess

Postby Nathalie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:41 am

Nathalie

Postby Nathalie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

a lot of my fav frenchie, benjamin biolay (mr new gainsbourg). new album out (soundtrack). this guy talks to me all the time, like our men here. i just love him. them too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR3I1l8w7bM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZVBeSw0 ... re=related
Nathalie

Postby Nathalie » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:08 pm

The Cake Sale. In full 5 Cs mode here.

Cold. Cake. Charity. Christmas. Crosby.

Off to London and Winchester for 3 days. See you! :D
Nathalie

Postby Rocky » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Can't stop listening to lisa Hannigan and the lads at the moment along with any other Irish person that has picked up an instrument. Feel a little homesick, which makes no sense considering the weather and the budget to name just two things.
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Colm » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Paul and Dave on Ian Dempsey's show this morning:
http://media.todayfm.com/listenback/92/thursday/2/

Bit of chat and Sugar High around 8 minutes in and a cover of River by Joni Mitchell (sung by Dave) around 52 mins.
Paul said they're releasing an album from the acoustic tour! :D
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Andy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:03 am

Can't stop listening to The Lemon of Pink by The Books. Monsters of Folk has been a favourite for ages now. Bit late on this one but Sea Change by Beck.
Andy

Postby Nathalie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Mystery of Days, Goodtime. :wink:

http://thecoloursofdarkness.bandcamp.co ... ry-of-days

All I want is you... Love it, love it, love it.
Nathalie

Postby Colm » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:50 pm

Irish version of Built To Last by Dave, free with today's Irish Independent. Worth getting your hands on if you can.
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard