I am currently listening to... *

Moderator: Eoin

Postby Nathalie » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:52 pm

Aidan C wrote:
Glenn Miller collection... love that big band sound...

Moonlight Serenade... sight... that's not gonna help lifting up the melancholic mood. move on to rage against the machine. now.
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:09 pm

Nathalie wrote:
Aidan C wrote:

Moonlight Serenade... sight... that's not gonna help lifting up the melancholic mood. move on to rage against the machine. now.

I've a mp3 of Sepultura with Pavarotti. Its Funny.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Aidan C » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:18 pm

Weird you should say that, I'm listening to the wonderfully depressing Caruso by Pavarotti now
Aidan C

Postby Nathalie » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:26 pm

...mmm.... same music, eh? Mully, have you been dumped too?
Nathalie

Postby Aidan C » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:39 pm

Well no I don't think he's listening to Pav, he just has the song. And I wasn't dumped, thanks all the same.

Anyway, now I'm listening to Ella Fitzgerald. I would marry that voice if I could.
Aidan C

Postby peepingtom » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:02 pm

Mully wrote:
Nathalie wrote:
Aidan C wrote:

Chaos A.D?
__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Postby Mully » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:33 pm

peepingtom wrote:
Mully wrote:
Nathalie wrote:
Aidan C wrote:

Chaos A.D?

Roots. Bloody Roots. Was recorded as part of on of his annual Charity gigs. Backing orchastra too. :twisted:
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Baglady » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:41 pm

Aidan C wrote:Well no I don't think he's listening to Pav, he just has the song. And I wasn't dumped, thanks all the same.

Anyway, now I'm listening to Ella Fitzgerald. I would marry that voice if I could.

I'll see your Ella and raise you Nina Simone! Where did those voices come from?
Baglady

Postby Mully » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:46 pm

Baglady wrote:
Aidan C wrote:Well no I don't think he's listening to Pav, he just has the song. And I wasn't dumped, thanks all the same.

Dinah Washington wipes her floor with Nina !
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:59 pm

I'd got that and had attempted a small joke. results are obviously not very conclusive... :lol:

Also, for when you will be bored with your married voice, have an affair with Billie Holiday. She was Miss Broken Heart.
Nathalie

Postby Baglady » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:02 pm

Mully wrote:
Baglady wrote:

Dinah Washington wipes her floor with Nina !

Well she does'nt exactly wipe the floor with her but how could I have forgotten Dinah, my mam used to always play her when I was young!
Baglady

Postby Aidan C » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:11 pm

Yeh, I'd been listening to Nina and Billie earlier too, no Dinah though. Also some Nino Rota, from the Godfather soundtrack, and some Stravinski for good measure.

Now it's Paolo Nutini... another excellent voice.
Aidan C

Postby Mully » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:13 pm

Nathalie wrote:...mmm.... same music, eh? Mully, have you been dumped too?

Sure why would she dump me ... I'm suave & sophisticated ... & its 2wks to Valentines !!

Mully

listening to....

Postby Melrose » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:19 pm

Yeah - i love paolo nutini's album - esp. the "hidden song" at the end.

Listening to Pablo Honey myself - finally got round to ordering it on cd - only had a tape all these years. How sad am i? (LOVE "Thinking About You" though).

Also been listening to the acoustic songbook - 3cds

I'm glad the remark about Dinah Washington wiping her floor with Nina was retracted although Dinah was good, there's no comparison between the two i'm afraid.

Favourite Nina Simone (version) is "Ne Me Quitte Pas"...gives me goosebumps!!!!!!
If you have never heard the song you are missing out.
Melrose

Postby Nathalie » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:05 pm

Mully wrote:
Nathalie wrote:...mmm.... same music, eh? Mully, have you been dumped too?

Sure why would she dump me ... I'm suave & sophisticated ... & its 2wks to Valentines !!

is that what she would look like if she was without you?
(I am, of course, not taking the pic for me. it's all wrong. except maybe for the hair colour. ) :)
Nathalie

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard