I am currently listening to... *

Moderator: Eoin

Re: I am currently listening to... *

Postby Mully » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Nathalie wrote:Flock. i'm at Natalie. I'll forever love this album, more than the others. was the first i bought. it's just an amazing piece, from beginning to end...2005. the year my life changed for the better. :)

I like when music reminds you of a place & time in your life
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby shiv » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:23 pm

My entire college experience is defined by bellx1. Started in 2003 with Music in Mouth and finished with Flock 2005/2006.....good times!
shiv

Postby Mully » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:36 am

Talking Heads. I felt it was about time I listen to some TH ...

Also, free live Phoenix album.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/signup/ ... enix-free-
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Andy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:12 pm

Andy

Postby aoife05 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Mully wrote:
Nathalie wrote:Flock. i'm at Natalie. I'll forever love this album, more than the others. was the first i bought. it's just an amazing piece, from beginning to end...2005. the year my life changed for the better. :)

I like when music reminds you of a place & time in your life

Yea I love that!
I remember exactly where I was when I heard Snake & Snakes for the first time.
Yea, Flock did the same for me. It completely changed my music taste too.
"It's not a gig, it's a focus group. "- Paul Noonan
aoife05

Postby Rocky » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:48 am

... a lot of We Are Scientists first album. I forgot just how much I loved it
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Nathalie » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:05 am

La Superbe - Benjamin Biolay - CD 2

http://www.last.fm/music/Benjamin+Biolay/_/La+Superbe

had been listening to the first cd only so far. Excellent album, with jazzy takes on it. Finally moved on to CD 2. Very good. complete different mood. More guitars, bassy sounds. gritty nearly at times. and love the continuity of stories between the two cds. on cd1, track 2 is "15 août" (August 15) and on cd2, track 11 is "15 septembre" and they indeed echo each other. nice work.

and for the little story, the rumour says he's the singer Carla Bruni has been having an affair with (as reported in the irish news. don't they have anything else to talk about?)
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Melody55555 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:13 pm

A lot of Bell X1 (not surprisingly), in fact nearly every day. I listen to music 90% of my waking hours though so there is quite a variety in the mix. Also listening to quite a bit of Tragically Hip (thehip.com), great song crafters as well, different kind of music. More rock-blues-folk, a little dirtier, less shiny and the live shows have a note of the bizarre. Today I've had 'Thompson Girl' and 'The Bear' stuck in my head.

Spend a lot of time traveling so tune into many stations: cfny.ca 102.1 or cbc radio 2 in the north usually, local college, pbs and rock stations the rest of the time. At Greenstone we listen to music from local artists, rock, acoustic, blues, and a range of Irish/Celtic bands.
Melody55555

Postby pigography » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:00 am

Melody! You're CANADIAN! :D
As I was reading your post, I was saying to myself "Hey! Someone else who's a fan of The Hip - and knows Thompson Girl! - and listens to CFNY... wait a sec! Only another Canadian would know this!"
Hurrah! Another Canadian on the board! You must be in/around Toronto to know CFNY...
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Melody55555 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:53 pm

pigography wrote:Melody! You're CANADIAN! :D
As I was reading your post, I was saying to myself "Hey! Someone else who's a fan of The Hip - and knows Thompson Girl! - and listens to CFNY... wait a sec! Only another Canadian would know this!"
Hurrah! Another Canadian on the board! You must be in/around Toronto to know CFNY...

Almost - I see Nanticoke out my front window and spend the evenings seeking out the lighthouse at Long Point, but I'm on the south side of Lake Erie in NYS. I've always lived on the Great Lakes, always hugging Canada. Grew up with Canadian radio and television and still visit on occasion as my busy schedule allows. Saw the Hip at the AC 2/2007 and it topped my list of best live concert - 11,000 screaming hometown fans even beat out U2's Joshua Tree tour.
Melody55555

Postby Susan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:17 am

Stillness is the Move-Dirty Projectors and before that Atomic Dog-George Clinton
Susan

Postby Colm » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:59 am

The National's new album High Violet, streaming until midnight at this link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/25/magaz ... gewanted=1

Sounds great from the first few listens.
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby shiv » Fri May 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Cathy Davey-the nameless!
shiv

Postby Colm » Fri May 07, 2010 3:24 pm

shiv wrote:Cathy Davey-the nameless!

What's the verdict? I've been listening to songs from it on Cathy's myspace page this week and they sound impressive, if very different from Tales of Silversleeve. Little Red is insanely catchy!
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby lilac*mess » Fri May 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Have One On Me, Joanna Newsom. There's so much of it! And I wasn't expecting the kinky packaging. Very very Kate Bush-ish, but quite lovely. I can't get 81 out of my head.
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard