[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The BellyBoard • View topic - I am currently listening to... *

I am currently listening to... *

Moderator: Eoin

Re: I am currently listening to... *

Postby Aidan C » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:19 am

Two Door Cinema Club -- A Tourist History. To my ears it's the most perfect pop album produced in a long, long time. Like cantaloupe; sweet and addictive, while also managing to be substantial and meaningful.

Okay, cantaloupes aren't always meaningful, but the rest applies.

Astonishingly good album -- though it's 40 seconds too short to be eligible for the Choice Prize. Birrova shame, that.
Aidan C

Postby Colm » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:39 am

"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Aidan C » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Interesting -- and good spot! Because that was definitely just an 'and' before. I wonder if they bent things ever so slightly for the circumstances? If so, rightly so. It would be a farce not to include it, showing a flaw with those rules -- and an 'or' is a much fairer approach.

Missing Oxegen this year, my first in some time. I would love to see them live, though.

Also, I recorded four TV ads in one break featuring their stuff this morning. Inevitable, I guess.
Aidan C

Postby Melody55555 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:27 am

Melody55555

Postby Colm » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Colm

Postby Mully » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:29 pm

"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Colm » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Colm

Postby Melody55555 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:14 am

Gord Downie - The Grand Bounce
So far I like it a lot, kinda groovin on the freshness of new music and all. :)

I hope the Bell X1 guys are working on something new while touring too, and thanks for posting the accoustic set!

Traveling in geekdom today I ran across this article http://gizmodo.com/5590916/41-people-pa ... e=true&s=i
and thought it a pleasant tangent
Melody55555

Postby Nathalie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:38 am

Currently listening to http://www.accuradio.com/

check if for yourself. nice choice of music which will suit all moods... Hiptronica is on here this morning, with Boards of Canada. very nice! :)
Nathalie

Postby Nathalie » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:30 am

Boards of Canada - music has the right to children

Excellent album! bought it yesterday and it's a 12 year old gem. funny how these days i'm discovering/finally listening oldies but very goodies (Mr Scruff, electro-swing music). love that, especially these days. i've been a bit disappointed by the latest releases i bought this year.
Nathalie

Postby Colm » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:19 pm

The new Arcade Fire album, streaming here:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =128878239
Colm

Postby Colm » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:36 pm

Quality videos from the Bellies' Oxegen set on their YouTube channel, including the new song Velcro here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY67sAYS9zA
Colm

Postby Nathalie » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:14 am

Thanks Mister for Velcro link. not sure what to think of it for the moment. :|

listening to the Magic Shookheads. for some real old school jazz (and some very cute clarinette player and banjo player).

http://www.myspace.com/magicshookheads

and discover dublin has its own bluegrass band...

http://wellenoughalone.net/
Nathalie

Postby Melody55555 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Sam Roberts Band
Melody55555

Postby Darren » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:03 am

Bell X1 - Monkey 61.
WEB: dizmonster.eu |TWITTER: @dizmonster
Darren

PreviousNext