I am currently listening to... *

Moderator: Eoin

Postby Baglady » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:18 pm

Well it's better then being a langer from Cork!
Baglady
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Quiet village in the country

Postby aoife05 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:41 pm

hahahaha you go girl!
"It's not a gig, it's a focus group. "- Paul Noonan
aoife05
 
Posts: 1852
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:25 pm
Location: Galway/ Limerick

Postby lilac*mess » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:30 am

Calexico - Black Heart.


Feist - Let it Die.
remember your raincoat
User avatar
lilac*mess
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:21 pm

Postby stich » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:44 am

Driveblind
I just concertina and wrap around the world...
stich
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Aberdeenshire, Scotland

Postby Darren » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:27 pm

Baglady wrote:Well it's better then being a langer from Cork!


Yeah well at least I don't spend my life out in a field with boggers...... JACKASS! You seriously need a good kick! Just go back to the kitchen or start burning your bra's again.

BURN!!!!

bit harsh there ollie??
WEB: dizmonster.eu |TWITTER: @dizmonster
User avatar
Darren
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Cork

Postby Nathalie » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:22 am

The Branford Marsalis Quartet - 'Hope'

Although they're famous in the jazz world, i've just discovered them. I'm no specialist but it seems that Marsalis is the true spiritual son of Coltrane.
For those interested (yes, you :wink: ), get the Braggtown cd. even just for this song. it's been a while since i was moved like that by a jazz piece. the way it brings you somewhere else, over the rainbow. even in the dark night.
User avatar
Nathalie
 
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Brian Road, Marino, D3

Postby Nathalie » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:45 pm

currently listening to Damien Dempsey. Live in the Olympia. pure diamond.

and Baglady, what's with the giant avatar picture?? takes half my screen.
User avatar
Nathalie
 
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Brian Road, Marino, D3

Postby eoinkx1 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:48 pm

Delorentos- Basis of Everything
Philtre- Took The Time (young Tralee band but I'm not sure about them yet)
User avatar
eoinkx1
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Killarney, co. Kerry

Postby Gowayanshite » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:08 am

Delorentos- STOP!! I can nt stop listening to it... its rockin my world at the moment.. :D

Delorentos-Until the next time

Check out all the Delo's new myspace stuff here http://www.myspace.com/delorentos the album is gonna be great!!
User avatar
Gowayanshite
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:50 am
Location: Dooooblin

Postby fontana » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:46 am

The Kings of Leon-Because of The Times.

Absolutely superb.I would recommend this to everyone.Really,really top album.
While we're on the subject, can we change the subject now?
User avatar
fontana
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:31 pm
Location: Little Motel

Postby Nathalie » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:49 am

fontana wrote:The Kings of Leon-Because of The Times.

Absolutely superb.I would recommend this to everyone.Really,really top album.


lol. I'm burning a copy of the album at this exact moment. my neighbour's cd. he says it's not great. i'll give you my opinion in a while...
User avatar
Nathalie
 
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Brian Road, Marino, D3

Postby fontana » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:51 am

Nathalie wrote:
fontana wrote:The Kings of Leon-Because of The Times.

Absolutely superb.I would recommend this to everyone.Really,really top album.


lol. I'm burning a copy of the album at this exact moment. my neighbour's cd. he says it's not great. i'll give you my opinion in a while...


Really??I think it's brilliant.It takes a couple of songs to get going but once On Call kicks in it comes to life....
While we're on the subject, can we change the subject now?
User avatar
fontana
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:31 pm
Location: Little Motel

Postby Nathalie » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:10 pm

fontana wrote:
Nathalie wrote:
fontana wrote:The Kings of Leon-Because of The Times.

Absolutely superb.I would recommend this to everyone.Really,really top album.


lol. I'm burning a copy of the album at this exact moment. my neighbour's cd. he says it's not great. i'll give you my opinion in a while...


Really??I think it's brilliant.It takes a couple of songs to get going but once On Call kicks in it comes to life....


conclusion after the first listening: very plain. it's too slow. it kicks in at song 12. really like song 13 too. and it's the end of the album. :(
what's with rock/grunge/indie bands nowadays? they start heavy only to become easy listening music? we don't need more Bon Jovi!
User avatar
Nathalie
 
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Brian Road, Marino, D3

Postby Mully » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:34 pm

Nathalie wrote:what's with rock/grunge/indie bands nowadays? they start heavy only to become easy listening music? we don't need more Bon Jovi!


I presume it sells more ... I used to love Idlewild. Not the same band anymore :cry: Why does nobody want to rock anymore ?
User avatar
Mully
 
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:00 am
Location: mcr, over on the mainland

Postby Belle » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:39 pm

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah- Some Loud Thunder

Haven't given it my full attention as of yet.
User avatar
Belle
 
Posts: 1952
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:41 am
Location: all over the shop

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron