It's gonna be ok..

Moderator: Eoin

Re: It's gonna be ok..

Postby Mully » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Rocky wrote:
Eoin wrote:Inspired by this comment, I found and installed a PhpBB mod to add a send-to-twitter button for forum topics... but for some reason it didn't work. I'll have to try it again later in the week.

I tried to "like" that because I was too lazy to comment back. I have social networking problems. Good work though, I like your initiative. The Bellyboard might be making a comeback

We're all ahead of the future upsurge in retro chic this board is due.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:10 pm

If you're running out of new music, it's gonna be ok.

Not really. Getting bored with what i have. Anyone has any recommendations? The latest albums you got you like. I'll listen to anything bar country music. Thanks. :)
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Mr Benn » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:35 am

Been listening to these guys recently, going to see them soon... folky stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmZJUfcxrvc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UwabJB42ts&feature=related
"Your skin is something that I stir into my tea"
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby Nathalie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:02 am

thanks. chilled out for morning music. :)
Nathalie

Postby Niftium » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Nathalie wrote:If you're running out of new music, it's gonna be ok.

Not really. Getting bored with what i have. Anyone has any recommendations? The latest albums you got you like. I'll listen to anything bar country music. Thanks. :)

M. Ward's new album is good. Gotye, of course. And Shearwater's latest is surprisingly accessible (and enjoyable).
Niftium

Postby Mully » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:21 am

Niftium wrote:

M. Ward's new album is good. Gotye, of course. And Shearwater's latest is surprisingly accessible (and enjoyable).

Would agree about M.Ward ... I really want to like Shearwater, but I can't take the guys vocals. I'll keep trying, I promise.

Tha Alabama Shakes are getting alot of love these days. Their 'Hold On' song has some nice swagger.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Colm » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Yeah, the Alabama Shakes album is definitely worth a listen. It's hard to believe they're playing Academy 2 after all the airplay Hold On has been getting!
Little Sparks by Delorentos is as good as anything I've heard this year so far. Wrecking Ball is the best thing Springsteen has done in a while and Django Django's album is also very good.
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Nathalie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:33 am

Thank you people! Will look into all this soon.

my input (as read in The Ticket): I'm his girl by Friends. Upbeat and happy music for a Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5VNumNJyqE

Have a good weekend. :)
Nathalie

Postby Rocky » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:03 pm

I really like The Tallest man on Earth at the moment. I realize he's not new but I only discovered him a few months ago so new enough to me. Other than that, I'm reverting back to my old music big time. Listening to a lot of Bell X1, Frames and Lisa Hannigan.

In totally unrelated news, I'm going home in June for 10 days. And I'm going to Uganda in July for 10 days. Very excited for both but I'm doing a fundraiser when I get home that I think has a nice little twist to it.

http://www.areugandahelpjoe.com/

Check out the site and let me know what you think :D
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Nathalie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Loving the voice of the Alabama Shakes very much. Thanks!
Nathalie

Postby Niftium » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:45 am

Mully wrote:
Niftium wrote:

Would agree about M.Ward ... I really want to like Shearwater, but I can't take the guys vocals. I'll keep trying, I promise.

Tha Alabama Shakes are getting alot of love these days. Their 'Hold On' song has some nice swagger.

There's a lot less of that operatic falsetto with this album. Makes it much easier to enjoy.
Niftium

Postby Baglady » Sat May 05, 2012 4:39 am

Its gonna be ok if you haven't been able to log into the Bellyboard for a long time. When I EVENTUALLY did I found a message from over a year ago from the Bellie team offering me two complimentary tickets to their show in Dublin since I have been registered on here for quite some time... boo!

It's gonna be ok.

Hope everyone in this corner of the internet is good! Gowayanshite should get a certificate or gold star for this thread.
'I've never seen such a tall man in skinny jeans' Gowayanshite
Baglady

Postby Nathalie » Fri May 18, 2012 12:17 am

If you're only discovering this now, it's gonna be ok... (losing it, i know... :roll: )

http://bandcamp.davidgeraghty.com/album ... nate-mixes

nice little free mixes though! thanks dave. :)
Nathalie

Postby Nathalie » Wed May 30, 2012 9:45 am

If you dreamt, again, of Brian Crosby, it's gonna be ok... :)

Paul was there too. And i was told Brian had a little boy and he was after having a baby girl. I miss Brian... Mully, do you know what he's been up to, music wise?
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Wed May 30, 2012 11:10 am

for all your BC needs ... :wink:

http://briancrosby.com/

Seems to be have working on Film Scores/Soundtracks for the last while, by the looks of his blog.
Mully

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard