It's gonna be ok..

Moderator: Eoin

Re: It's gonna be ok..

Postby Mully » Wed May 04, 2011 8:20 am

If you've just realised that you'll be seeing the Bellies on Friday night, its going to be something or other ...
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Aidan C » Sat May 07, 2011 3:55 pm

If you can't get the Monday after Sea Sessions off work, it's gonna be okay. I'm going down mainly for the tag, so I won't be drinking, and I'm sure someone else will be in the same boat from whom I can procure a lift.

Any word on which night the lads are playing?

On the other hand, though, if I ever get another Caesar salad without croutons, it won't be okay. I'll trash the gaff, simple as.
Aidan C

Postby Nathalie » Thu May 12, 2011 1:27 am

if tomorrow evening is your 3rd and last chance, it's gonna be ok...
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Thu May 12, 2011 10:32 am

Nathalie wrote:if tomorrow evening is your 3rd and last chance, it's gonna be ok...

You are quite the conundrum, aren't you ... Hopefully it works out :)
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Rocky » Thu May 12, 2011 11:33 am

Nathalie wrote:if tomorrow evening is your 3rd and last chance, it's gonna be ok...

No such thing as a last chance. Chin up and do whatever it is you have to do and it'll all work out. :wink:
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Mully » Thu May 12, 2011 12:32 pm

Sure we all know that 3rd time is a charm ...
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Thu May 12, 2011 10:09 pm

Unless he doesn't turn up at the painting exhibition... the fool. his loss. at least i bought a painting. i'm delighted about that one.

http://www.celesteprize.com/artwork/ido:50896/
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Fri May 13, 2011 8:24 am

Nathalie wrote:Unless he doesn't turn up at the painting exhibition... the fool. his loss. at least i bought a painting. i'm delighted about that one.

http://www.celesteprize.com/artwork/ido:50896/

Mully likes this.
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Fri May 13, 2011 7:27 pm

His stuff is amazing. the style, the energy and emotions of his paintings are quite breathtaking and haunting. but this year's new material has moved on to a more violent if not disturbing world which fascinates me as much as it scares me. check it out. and buy it if you like it. :)
http://www.bartoszkolata.com/

the paintings are currently being exhibited at South Studios, 27/28 New Row South, D8. Great place. very spacious and bright. perfect for the paintings which are rather big for most of them.

art's always there when people fail us!
Nathalie

Postby Mr Benn » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:41 pm

If there's a giant fucking hurricane heading your way, it's gonna be ok! Almost looking forward to it in a weird way :D
"Your skin is something that I stir into my tea"
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby Nathalie » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:35 am

If Mr Benn hasn't written a word since his last post, it's gonna be okay... Hello? Anyone home??

We're heading for another hurricane here. The budget in December... The premise is nasty. :|
Nathalie

Postby Mr Benn » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:50 pm

I survived! Wasn't too bad around me, just some trees down. A lot of people I work with lost power for a few days.
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby Rocky » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:35 pm

If you're moving to Boston next week "just like Mr Benn", it's gonna be ok :D
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Mr Benn » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:17 am

Rocky wrote:If you're moving to Boston next week "just like Mr Benn", it's gonna be ok :D

Nice! You over on the year long J1 or did you get yourself sponsorship? It actually looks like I'll be off to Texas after Christmas! :D
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby Rocky » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Just got the year long J1. It seemed to be by far the easiest. I can work on staying over there once I get a foot in the door somewhere.

How come you're going to Texas? can I have your job after you leave? :D
Rocky

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard