[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The BellyBoard • View topic - Cinema Paradiso

Cinema Paradiso

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Cinema Paradiso

Postby Nathalie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:15 am

None taken. just a matter of tastes. personally, i've never had any desire to see Babette's Feast. Some preconceived ideas i have. two christian sisters and food... not my mug of coffee.
Never heard of the second one. But i read it's about food again...?
If you haven't, watch La grande bouffe (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070130/). that should satisfy your appetite. :wink:
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:35 pm

"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Mully » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Finally got to see Gran Torino ... Its been a while since I've been let down so badly.

Grizzly old Clint plays Grizzly old Clint while everyone else try to out do eachother in a terrible acting competition.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:40 pm

yeah. clint is loosing it really. had been disappointed by million dollar baby. won't go and see that one either then. same with woody allen. last few movies have been average. time for a nouvelle vague.
Nathalie

Postby Rocky » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:03 pm

I'm watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy today. It's been almost 5 years since I've watched it
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby The Bearman » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:17 pm

Well to be honest if your a Woody Allen fan you deserve to be let down, not just with films but with life in general. :D
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
The Bearman

Postby Nathalie » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:44 pm

^^ Not at all. Woody Allen is extremely funny. Watch and read his earlier stuff.

Watched Gomorrah. A pretty dark, bleak angle on Italy and a nasty wake up call on what's going on next door.

http://www.gomorrahmovie.co.uk/
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:38 pm

Mully

Postby Eoin » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Saw "Let the right one in" yesterday. I really liked it.
Eoin

Postby Peter » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:41 am

I saw a superb film at a small cinema in Glasgow during a Jewish-Glasgow film festival called "Soulkeeper: The Story of Sabina Speilrein". It was about Carl Jeung's first patient and it was terrific. It has a different title on IMDB and also gets a poor review but its definetly well worth a look if you get the chance.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0349995/
Peter

Postby Nathalie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:47 pm

Anyone saw "death of a president"? saw the dvd for a fiver in laser, which is cheaper than renting one in xtravision. but is it worth buying it?

http://www.deathofapresident.com/
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Mully

Postby fionaoc » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:50 pm

It's really well shot and very interesting. If you switched it on half-way through you could be easily fooled into thinking it was real. I know there was a lot of controversy when it was first released in the States from the pro-Bush camp. I'd recommend it and reckon it's worth a fiver. if you get it, let me know what you thought.
We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.
fionaoc

Postby pigography » Mon May 18, 2009 1:27 am

I'm off to see X-men Wolverine with the bf. Anyone seen it and liked it? Reviews are mixed over here... hope it doesn't suck. I'll soon find out.
pigography

Postby shiv » Mon May 18, 2009 3:38 am

ah its enjoyable.......its not as good as x-men 1&2 but better than 3........hugh jackman is brilliant and gambit is just cool......its good but had the potential to be great!

on the other hand...STAR TREK is great! great cast, great chemistry and for the trekkies a credible take on the early days....i loved it!
shiv

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard