[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The BellyBoard • View topic - Cinema Paradiso

Cinema Paradiso

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Cinema Paradiso

Postby shiv » Thu May 21, 2009 5:42 am

shiv

Postby Mully » Thu May 21, 2009 10:56 am

"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby shiv » Tue May 26, 2009 12:47 am

shiv

Postby Mully » Tue May 26, 2009 1:06 am

"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Mully » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:13 am

http://www.irishfilm.ie/cinema/season2_07.asp?SID=176

I see the IFI is having a French New Wave season soon ... Does anyone have/know about any recommendations ?
Nath maybe, oui/non ?

I recently read 'Easy Riders, Raging Bulls' about the new Hollywood of the 70s ... The Nauvelle Vague films of Truffaut & Godard were mentioned as major, major infuences on Coppolla & Scorcese so I'd be interested in seeing a few of them.
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:27 am

Haven't seen them all but to have a proper taste of la nouvelle vague, i guess you can start by the great classics showing there:

The 400 Blows - Starring Jean-Pierre Leaud as a child who will then become Truffaut's key actor as an adult. really enjoyed it but do watch the other movies. The life and love of the main character, Antoine Doinel, are a reference.

Breathless - Can't remember if i have actually seen that one. Belmondo is a fantastic actor and Jean Seberg, well, she's so tragically beautiful.

Jules et Jim - For some menage a trois story. Jeanne Moraud is one of my icons. Love her voice. Great soundtrack.

Le mépris - What can i say. Bardot is my number one icon. adaptation of Alberto Moravia's novel, i really loved that one. George Delerue's soundtrack is amazing too.

So, you love me totally?
Yes. I love you totally. tenderly. tragically.
Me too Paul...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPXjWUrm ... re=related

the only issue i have with the nouvelle vague period is that it was quite a milestone cinema wise and unfortunately, we haven't been able to export anything else since. that's what we're known for. but there is more to french cinema than this somewhat intellectual/elitist one. we do comedies too!
Nathalie

Postby fontana » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:13 pm

While we're on the subject, can we change the subject now?
fontana

Postby Mully » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:49 pm

Mully

Postby Eoin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:25 am

Eoin

Postby Mully » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:11 pm

Right, its Craaaaazy Tuesday in my local cinema. £3 a ticket all day.

Do I ...

a. Go see The Hangover again, to see if a 2nd viewing helps my lack of appreciation ? Friends are annoying me at this stange, like I have an illness for not finding it funny.

b. Go see Diminished Capacity, with Matthew Brodrick & Alan Alda.

Note ... I'm saving 'Moon' for thursday viewing.
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:28 pm

go and see the movie you haven't seen. Saw the Hangover a couple of weeks ago. was funny-ish but not worth going to the cinema again.
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Wise counsel, ma'am
Mully

Postby Mully » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:48 pm

Mully

Postby Nathalie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:55 pm

Went to see Coco before Chanel yesterday. It's esthetically beautiful, but a bit long at times. No action really. It is very much about the personal development of Mademoiselle Chanel and it is quite linear. That said, i enjoyed it very much for the picture quality, the cloth style, the past time, and Audrey Tautou who is so softly good looking. Really loved as well the subtle or obvious elements shown throughout, which influenced her later on. For Chanel fans only imo.
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:03 pm

Mully

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard