[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The BellyBoard • View topic - Cinema Paradiso

Cinema Paradiso

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Cinema Paradiso

Postby edithgonne » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:10 am

There Must and Shall Be Aspirin!
edithgonne

Postby Nathalie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:42 pm

Anyone went to see A film with me in it, with Dylan Moran? Is it good?

Nathalie

Postby Nathalie » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:26 am

Well, i went to see it. It's a good movie but as i spent half the time fighting not to fall asleep (i was exhausted), i should really see it again to concentrate more on the dialogs. Went to the Lighthouse in Smithfield, D7 to see it. really nice little cinema we have there.

On the subject, i guess it is my job to announce the french film festival in dublin. starting this tuesday 11. To note that it will show 3 movies in Galway too.

http://www.ifi.ie/french/index.html

And on the subject of frog movies, in case you thought of renting La question humaine (Heartbeat Detector, in xtra vision these days), don't, it's xtra-rubbish. I don't understand how some journalist from Le Monde claimed it's one of the best political movies ever. It's a pile of wannabe bo-bo elitist bullshit imo.
Nathalie

Postby sleepyhead » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:19 pm

Has anyone actually seen Cinema Paradiso? I have had it lying on my 'to see/to read-shelf' for ages now, but haven't seen it yet.

(sorry if this has been discussed before)
25 is the new 19 anyway so it matters not - Rocky (who explicitly asked to be quoted)
sleepyhead

Postby Nathalie » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:57 pm

I have. Absolutely loved it. Beautiful movie. with a now legendary scene towards the end.

plus, i had a mad crush on the young cutie, Marco Leonardi.

Nathalie

Postby sleepyhead » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:48 pm

Looks good :) Really looking forward to seeing it now.

I saw Naked the other weekend. Starring David Thewlis aka Remus Lupin in his earlier years. It was good. But the synopsis had said something along the lines of 'staggering, violence, rapes, shocking, but surprisingly also very loving. Honestly.' So I kind of took it to be a film about a lot of horrible things where love still prevails. You know, a 'violence and rapes, but all in all the world is not such a bad place after all kind of'-film. It was mostly violence though. And rapes. And love only glimmered through the last five minutes. :?
25 is the new 19 anyway so it matters not - Rocky (who explicitly asked to be quoted)
sleepyhead

Postby Nathalie » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:03 pm

Nathalie

Postby sleepyhead » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:50 pm

I have about everything he's ever composed on my ipod. One of the advantages of buying a second-hand ipod from a music fanatic with excellent taste. :wink: Will have a listen, but first: the movie.
sleepyhead

Postby sleepyhead » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:27 pm

Ok, just saw the movie. I wept. God, that was beautiful.
sleepyhead

Postby Baglady » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:39 pm

'I've never seen such a tall man in skinny jeans' Gowayanshite
Baglady

Postby Nathalie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:22 am

oh baglady, i'm so emotional, back from the gig, that watching the legendary scene was just perfect. thanks! :D

Love is all you need!
Nathalie

Postby Baglady » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:52 am

You're welcome Nat :D

Aww good old fashion romance, you can't beat it!
'I've never seen such a tall man in skinny jeans' Gowayanshite
Baglady

Postby Eoin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:06 pm

Eoin

Postby pigography » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:18 am

I'm such a sucker for Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks/Aardman animation.
Got to see Bolt in 3D last night. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
pigography

Postby Mully » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:18 am

"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard