[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The BellyBoard • View topic - News/Reviews

News/Reviews

Moderator: Eoin

Re: News/Reviews

Postby pigography » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:39 pm

This event was posted on the KC Irish events calendar on Tuesday, July 15th, 2008.

Irish Band for Kansas: Bell X1
September 26 2008, Irish band Bell X1 are playing in Lawrence, Kansas on their tour with Canadian indie melodramatic pop-rockers, Stars.

And who are Bell X1 you ask? If Damien Rice is Ian Curtis, then Bell X1 are New Order. And Juniper are Joy Division.

If you know what I mean.

In Ireland they’ve won awards, but in fairness everybody in Ireland has won awards, but they are very good nonetheless and you will like them if your taste falls into the realm of Mr. Rice and the likes of The Frames, who Bell X1 have also toured with.

In Ireland they are celebrities, but with that human touch.

Stars with Bell X1 play in the Granada in Lawrence, Kansas the night after they perform in The Pageant in St Louis, Missouri. Tickets are $15 - a steal, frankly, and can be purchased .

pigography

Postby Rocky » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:11 pm

I know somebody cares about me enough to fly me over for that. Its my birthday that day after all
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby aoife05 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:14 pm

^^Superman to the rescue!

They're playing my birthday too. Someone who cares about me, *hint hint* should really fly me over. :)
"It's not a gig, it's a focus group. "- Paul Noonan
aoife05

Postby pigography » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:58 am

Nathalie, forget about the Bellybus. Looks like there's a demand for a rocket plane instead - good thing it's automatically a Bellies' plane, means that I won't have to modify it much (plus it's 3am and I'm off to bed). :D
pigography

Postby pigography » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:29 pm

Found a wee blurb on virtualfestivals.com from Saturday's gig at the Pohoda Festival:
"While Ireland's Bell X1 cheeky changed some of their lyrics and replaced them with "Don't want to be your daddy, just want you in my caddie/Don't want to be your mumma, just want to make you cumma," from Outkast's 'Hey Ya' during their afternoon slot." :lol:

The other articles about the Pohoda Festival are in Slovak... nehovorim slovensky. Anyone? Anyone? No eh?
pigography

Postby pigography » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:29 pm

Today's news:
It's my 300th post! :D :shock:
pigography

Postby Rocky » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:33 pm

I remember my 300th post.

OIn quick reflection however i realise that i don't
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby pigography » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:12 pm

:lol:

Wait a minute! Who's the lady, loverboy? *wink.wink.nudge.nudge*
pigography

Postby Rocky » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:23 pm

Oh she's just a girl. 8) Ah no she actually is, I just put up that pic cos it was the only one I could manage to re-size for my avatar
Rocky

Postby pigography » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:38 am

Just a girl eh? Her massive grin says otherwise.
You make a cute couple. :wink:
pigography

Postby Rocky » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:32 am

We will make a cute couple some day *crosses fingers in hope more than expectation* I'm going through one of them droughts again. Shit I shouldn't be saying this here. Sorry :oops:
Rocky

Postby Aoife » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:23 pm

Saying what? I didn't see anything ;) Just hope she didn't either, she's not a Bellies fan, is she?
Aoife

Postby Redgrelda » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:52 pm

Redgrelda

Postby erin from ohio » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:56 pm

"Well behaved women seldom make history"
erin from ohio

Postby Rocky » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:26 pm

Still though you guys don't need to know that I'm going through a rough time with the ladies. I'll stop now. :oops:
Rocky

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard