News/Reviews

Moderator: Eoin

Re: News/Reviews

Postby Aidan C » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:12 pm

edithgonne wrote:It's doing pretty well, still a little sore, but I can eat now! Thanks for asking.

I missed this edith, what happened to your jaw? Good to see you're back on the grub.

My wisdom teeth came out last week -- it's mainly alright now but I still can't really open my mouth properly. Got a lovely big posh burger yesterday, then realised I couldn't open my mouth enough to bite it. I had to bite from the bun... then the burger... then the other bun... then repeat the process all around. It was very frustrating!

Not a good part of the body to have impaired, purely by virtue of how often we really eat. And I don't think we realise it until we're forced into the situation!
Aidan C

Postby iamian » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:20 pm

Aidan C wrote:Not a good part of the body to have impaired, purely by virtue of how often we really eat. And I don't think we realise it until we're forced into the situation!

It's worse if you are having to put on weight. I currently have to eat every hour to get enough calories for me to rapidly gain weight (I got sick and now weigh 9 stone, not good for a 6 foot male). I never thought I' get sick of high calorie food. I reckon problems with teeth or pain would be the only way it would be harder.
iamian

Postby pigography » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:40 am

What were you sick with, if you don't mind me asking? At least you're on the mend now...
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby iamian » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:20 pm

pigography wrote:What were you sick with, if you don't mind me asking? At least you're on the mend now...

No idea. Something tropical. Everyone keeps asking me, so they can lose weight too. Not to be recommended though. I'm not even supposed to eat vegetables without butter or cream.
iamian

Postby Belle » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:48 pm

Incidentally coconut milk is very fattening. Drink cans of the stuff, you'll be back to normal in no time!
Seriously though, that's crazy. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Did a doctor recommend it? Putting on weight quicky like that could put alot of pressure on your heart.
Then again, I could be just jealous, I'd love to have to eat my way to a perfect body :lol:
Belle

Postby iamian » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:12 pm

Belle wrote:Incidentally coconut milk is very fattening. Drink cans of the stuff, you'll be back to normal in no time!
Seriously though, that's crazy. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Did a doctor recommend it? Putting on weight quicky like that could put alot of pressure on your heart.
Then again, I could be just jealous, I'd love to have to eat my way to a perfect body :lol:

Can't have coconut milk any more, because it's not fresh enough over here. Having fresh fruits and everything abroad really dulls your apetite for blander tastes at home. Instead I drink Calogen, a drink of shot glass size, that contains 300 calories.

Apparently, because my metabolism is so fast, I'll still only gain about 1pound a week at best. MY sister keeps laughing at me because she is basically on the total opposite of my current diet. I'm the only person I know who has to watch programs about morbidly obese people to pick up tips.

Thanks for the sympathy though.
iamian

Postby Redgrelda » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:15 pm

Do you have Ensure brand shakes over there? If you can get your hands on some, they're used over here (in the States) to help people gain weight, and they're loaded with nutrients. As an added bonus, they actually taste really good too.
Redgrelda

Postby iamian » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Redgrelda wrote:Do you have Ensure brand shakes over there? If you can get your hands on some, they're used over here (in the States) to help people gain weight, and they're loaded with nutrients. As an added bonus, they actually taste really good too.

Yup, I have to have 3 a day. Possibly they are slightly different over here, since they taste so disgusting I got sick the first time I had one.
iamian

Postby Redgrelda » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:01 pm

iamian wrote:"Yup, I have to have 3 a day. Possibly they are slightly different over here, since they taste so disgusting I got sick the first time I had one.

I can't tell that they are any different here than there from looking at the products on the website. But who knows? I supposse you would not be interested in any of the handy Ensure recipies that are listed on the site....
Redgrelda

Postby iamian » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Redgrelda wrote:
iamian wrote:"Yup, I have to have 3 a day. Possibly they are slightly different over here, since they taste so disgusting I got sick the first time I had one.

I can't tell that they are any different here than there from looking at the products on the website. But who knows? I supposse you would not be interested in any of the handy Ensure recipies that are listed on the site....

Recipes? Yes I would! Anything to make them nicer. Do you have the link for it please?
iamian

Postby Redgrelda » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:18 pm

You bet!

http://ensure.com/recipes/index.aspx

If the link doesn't work, just do a search for Ensure, and it'll bring you to the home page with a link to the recipes. There's even a recipe for Ensure popsicles. Mmmmmm
Redgrelda

Postby iamian » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:22 pm

Redgrelda wrote:You bet!

http://ensure.com/recipes/index.aspx

If the link doesn't work, just do a search for Ensure, and it'll bring you to the home page with a link to the recipes. There's even a recipe for Ensure popsicles. Mmmmmm

Oh wow! Thanks for that. Frozen Fudge Pops FTW. I'll have to try them all.
iamian

Postby Aoife » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:30 pm

Good to hear you're on the mend and on solid food again, edithgonne!

And likewise Aidan C and iamian.

I remember getting my tonsils out when I was six. I can still kind of remember how sore my throat was. Icecream was the cure-all, but I always preferred savoury to sweet, so didn't enjoy it so much... As well as that, tea every night was banana sandwiches. I still find them hard to stomach :|
Aoife

Postby Eoin » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:29 pm

Aidan C wrote:My wisdom teeth came out last week

Well, good for them. How long have they known?

(and etc.)
Eoin

Postby Rocky » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Way to poke fun at Aidans misery
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard