The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Moderator: Eoin

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Rocky » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Hello StellarLas and welcome. You're not wrong about it being quiet around here but a few of us still try to keep her lit around here if we can. It seems we have some stuff in common. I'm an Irish ex-pat living in the Boston area for just about a year now and I have loved Bell X1 for almost a decade now. I have been to a few acoustic gigs now and they are really good. The lads are very comfortable with them now too which is great.

What make you move to San Fran? Work? Love? Recession?
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby StellarLas » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:40 pm

Sweet can't wait now.
ha No, it's kind of random. I had the work and love at home but I'd been here before on my J1 and something about the place stuck with me and I had to come back. Came out here with no job or contacts or anything, but found a job I love and some great roomies, sure what more could you ask for?
Was in Boston for a week actually few months ago, first time being there, really loved the place. Was surprised though, not what I expected at all. What made you move there?
StellarLas

Postby Rocky » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:17 am

I came over here on a J1 a couple of years ago and just sort of fell in love with the place. The reason I came over in the first place was because my girlfriend is American. We were doing the long distance thing, trying to make that work and so here I am.

Anyway, welcome again. I'm pretty sure the board is on it's last legs but do check in every so often for some excitement
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby mpandelog » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:41 am

Hello all. Glad to be amongst fellow fans. Hope the Ireland tour is going as well as it did in the states here.
mpandelog

Postby starfishflinger » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:20 am

Hi! Also new to the forum, though not new to the band. I guess I have been listening since Flock, but I saw my first show in Nashville earlier this year. Imagine my absolute surprise when they played to such a small group of people! It was one of the most incredible, moving shows I have ever been to, and I still haven't gotten over it. Anyway, I just wanted to try to find some other fans, I don't know anyone stateside, other than my husband, who even knows who they are! We did take a friend to the Nashville show and she is now hooked. It was such an intimate show and I feel so fortunate to have been there.
starfishflinger

Postby simonorton » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:10 pm

Hello all ... newbie here. Came across Bell X1 at the tail end of 2012 and had a look to see about upcoming dates, getting myself a ticket for Bush Hall. Popped along not with an open heart and it was filled with a most wonderful evening.

Lisa O' Neil was a joy and Bell X1 and the assembled crowd created for such a lush, warm and gorgeous evening. Totally won over, bought in a craving more :) So many ear worms needing regular fixes !

Anyone remember what the tag was on the end of the second song ?

Best wishes - Simon
simonorton

Previous

Return to The BellyBoard