The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Moderator: Eoin

The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Belle » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:17 pm

Our last one got swallowed up unfortunately, so this is a thread for any newbies to pop in and say hello :D
Come in, sit down, have a bun.. :wink:

Last edited by Belle on Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belle

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Mully » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:20 pm

Can the Lord our Mods make it a sticky ?
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby pigography » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Oh yes. Sticky like the buns please.
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Eoin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:54 pm

Mully wrote:Can the Lord our Mods make it a sticky ?

Well, I stickied the last one, but someone from On High unstickied it.

I guess the Man doesn't want a sticky new people thread.
Eoin

Postby Redgrelda » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:20 pm

I'm not the newest member anymore; Erin from Ohio took over that position when she joined. But it's my one month anniversary today! Yee haw! Party at my work computer!! :D
Redgrelda

Postby Aoife » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:11 pm

Redgrelda wrote:But it's my one month anniversary today! Yee haw! Party at my work computer!! :D

With sticky buns, of course...
Congrats :D

A mass hello to the new folks (Erin, Ferg and Shannon?)!

Eoin wrote:I guess the Man doesn't want a sticky new people thread.

That doesn't make a whole lotta sense. Kinda conflicts with the "Come in, sit down, have a bun" ethos. :o
Aoife

Postby erin from ohio » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Redgrelda wrote:I'm not the newest member anymore; Erin from Ohio took over that position when she joined. But it's my one month anniversary today! Yee haw! Party at my work computer!! :D

Newbie and happy to join here! :) I am one week I think. I have to be stealth at work though when I pop on the board. You never know who is watching!

But a hearty and happy hello and a big thanks for the sticky buns! :D
"Well behaved women seldom make history"
erin from ohio

Postby Eoin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:22 am

Aoife wrote:
Eoin wrote:I guess the Man doesn't want a sticky new people thread.

That doesn't make a whole lotta sense. Kinda conflicts with the "Come in, sit down, have a bun" ethos. :o

There used to be a anonymous toilet wall policy as well. This is how it starts. Soon it'll be censorship of press to protect Bellyland security, then elections postponed due to wartime emergency... it's a slippery slope.
Eoin

Postby shannon » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:35 am

Yeah, those sticky buns look deadly. Thanks for the welcome, all! I reckon I'm the newiest newbie yet but I'm sure that will change soon enough. Once the lads hit the States again they'll be converting fans by the roomfull, one night at a time. Anyway, I'm Shannon (from Cincinnati, Ohio, of which Mark Twain once said: "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati. Everything that happens comes there 10 years later than anywhere else." So, you know, we've got that going for us.), and I'm thrilled that I'll be able to see this band twice (thrice!) within the space of four months! ROCK.
shannon

Postby Belle » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:11 pm

Welcome Shannon! :D

I still think this should be a sticky coz it would be good for new members to have an automatic place to go at the top of the board to say hello. Maybe we should mail the powers that be and ask? It might also be an idea to trim out the non-related posts aswel. Advice please Eoin/ Nath?
Belle

Postby Eoin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:47 pm

As a corrupt member of the Bellyland government who possesses practically no actual power, I am, of course, open to bribery.

Sure, I'll sticky it anyway and we'll see if I get erased from existence. New-people-threads are more inviting to newcomers and we really should have one.

Belle wrote:It might also be an idea to trim out the non-related posts aswel.

If any large discussion on any specific (off-)topic occurs then I'll move it into a new thread. But probably no need really for the most part. I think the tendency to discuss anything and everything anywhere and everywhere is part of our charm here. ;)
Eoin

Postby pigography » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:25 pm

Eoin wrote:If any large discussion on any specific (off-)topic occurs...
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Eoin wrote:...But probably no need really for the most part. I think the tendency to discuss anything and everything anywhere and everywhere is part of our charm here. ;)
Phew.
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby erin from ohio » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:21 pm

shannon wrote:Yeah, those sticky buns look deadly. Thanks for the welcome, all! I reckon I'm the newiest newbie yet but I'm sure that will change soon enough. Once the lads hit the States again they'll be converting fans by the roomfull, one night at a time. Anyway, I'm Shannon (from Cincinnati, Ohio, of which Mark Twain once said: "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati. Everything that happens comes there 10 years later than anywhere else." So, you know, we've got that going for us.), and I'm thrilled that I'll be able to see this band twice (thrice!) within the space of four months! ROCK.

Ah Shannon - I know the feeling. Columbus, Ohio isnt exactly bursting with a "scene" either. I am still amazed the Bellies and The Swell Season will be here on the same night. What are the odds? Come to Columbus for the 9/22 show - the venue is a fun one. Also - cheers on your video of Enjoy the Silence. :D

Welcome again! - I am putting this in so I stay on topic and dont get thrown off the string. LOL!
"Well behaved women seldom make history"
erin from ohio

Postby Mully » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:48 pm

shannon wrote:Yeah, those sticky buns look deadly.

What is your Heritage ... You seem to have quite a bit of Dubliner in you
(struggling to ... keep ... it .... clean)
Last edited by Mully on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Belle » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Mully wrote:You seem to have quite a bit of Dubliner in you
(struggling to ... keep ... it .... clean)

:lol:
Belle

Next

Return to The BellyBoard