The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Moderator: Eoin

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby fontana » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:09 pm

Rocky wrote:Yay I get to welcome a new person. *wave* So if you're not Irish tell us where you are from? Are you female? :D

Fixed.
While we're on the subject, can we change the subject now?
fontana

Postby Rocky » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:20 pm

Am I that obvious :lol:
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby sleepyhead » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:02 am

What a nice friendly welcome :D

I am Belgian and female. Something tells me that's a good thing. :lol:

I'm not sure what else I should tell about myself. I'm somewhat of an insomniac lately (some of you seem to be too), I like coffee far too much (one might have something to do with the other), I've been listening nearly obsessively to some new band called Frightened Rabbits all day and I tend to ask too many question so I try not to.

You can ask me anything you want and I will answer everything truthfully (unless it's none of your business :P ).
25 is the new 19 anyway so it matters not - Rocky (who explicitly asked to be quoted)
sleepyhead

Postby aoife05 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:05 am

Emmm....*thinks of awkward question to ask...*

Nah, that would be rude! Welcome!! :D
"It's not a gig, it's a focus group. "- Paul Noonan
aoife05

Postby Belle » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:54 am

Welcome sleepyhead! *is so happy to have a newbie* I will bake buns to welcome you properly but in the meantime youre very welcome to the bellyboard! Feel free to poke around and make yourself at home. Dont mind the boys, you know yourself! *rollseyes* but theyre not so bad when youre used to them :)
Belle

Postby Redgrelda » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:36 am

Rocky wrote:Am I that obvious :lol:

Are you totally sure that you didn't want to be called Randy instead of Rocky? :mrgreen:
Redgrelda

Postby pigography » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:14 am

sleepyhead wrote:It was mostly the pretty sign up here that drew me in.

:D YAY! Welcome sleepyhead!

sleepyhead wrote:I've been listening nearly obsessively to some new band called Frightened Rabbits

:o HURRAH! Someone else who likes the extrasupervery wabbit! *dances the twist*

Ah you'll fit right in here, especially with your insomnia. My insomnia doesn't do me much good as there's a time lag; my 2am is everyone else's 7am... and nobody's on the board yet. :(

So have you seen the Bellies live yet?
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Nathalie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:03 pm

sleepyhead wrote:What a nice friendly welcome :D

I am Belgian and female. Something tells me that's a good thing. :lol:

I'm not sure what else I should tell about myself. I'm somewhat of an insomniac lately (some of you seem to be too), I like coffee far too much (one might have something to do with the other), I've been listening nearly obsessively to some new band called Frightened Rabbits all day and I tend to ask too many question so I try not to.

You can ask me anything you want and I will answer everything truthfully (unless it's none of your business :P ).

Bienvenue Sleepyhead! you have all the qualities to be around here: talkative, funny, coffee and music fan and open-minded (arrived here with a first contact with rocky and you sticked around... says it all! :wink: ). Plus, very important, you have access to delicious belgium chocolate for which the mods will love you... (we did have a contact but she has just moved to Dublin for an access to madness.)
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Rocky » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Nathalie wrote:(arrived here with a first contact with rocky and you sticked around... says it all! :wink: )

I make a fantastic first impression I'll have you know. First question of course sleepyhead is we need to have an idea of your age. Are you part of the dirty thirtys club? Or are you one of the rest of us? :D
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Nathalie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Rocky wrote: Are you part of the dirty thirtys club?

ah ah! i remember a time when i felt very lonely and out of place around here. and now, look at us, a powerful force that has its own club within the club!! :lol:
Nathalie

Postby Eoin » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:27 pm

sleepyhead wrote:Hi, I'm new. :)

It was mostly the pretty sign up here that drew me in.

Also: I am not Irish. I had no idea who Phil Lynott until I googled him. Turns out he even has a statue in Dublin. Nice.

Welcome to the forum! :)
Eoin

Postby Redgrelda » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:25 pm

Welcome, sleepyhead! :D
Redgrelda

Postby pigography » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:05 am

Eoin wrote: :)

Eoin is a happy moderator now? :D
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby sleepyhead » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:33 pm

Hmmm buns, thanks Belle! And everybody else as well, for the kind welcome :)

And, yes, I've seen the boys live, once, a year-and-a-half ago now. It was mostly by accident, but what a nice accident. It was in some small club-like venue, here in Antwerp, and I was there to see The Frames, who had just released The Cost. Bellx1 were the opening band and I only knew them from my 'to urgently-check-out-list and from their history with Damien Rice, but they completely blew me away.

I'm still waiting for them to do a real bellies gig here, but alas, no luck so far...

Nathalie wrote:Bienvenue Sleepyhead! you have all the qualities to be around here: talkative, funny, coffee and music fan and open-minded (arrived here with a first contact with rocky and you sticked around... says it all! :wink: ). Plus, very important, you have access to delicious belgium chocolate for which the mods will love you... (we did have a contact but she has just moved to Dublin for an access to madness.)

Merci beaucoup, Nathalie :) Indeed, the chocolate, the chocolate... I am quite the chocolate fiend, the really dark kind mostly, although in times of need all colours and fillings will do. What kind do you like?

Rocky, are you looking for a lover, une amante, a sweet-heart perhaps? You seem to enjoy quite a reputation here.
I am not yet in my thirties, since you ask, but coming to grips with the approach of the ever-disturbing age of twenty-five. So I guess I'm just like the rest of you, although I do see that your profile says you're still only nineteen, mister!
And if anything, you certainly made a memorable impression :wink:
25 is the new 19 anyway so it matters not - Rocky (who explicitly asked to be quoted)
sleepyhead

Postby Nathalie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:18 pm

the kind of chocolate that releases delicious hormones to fill that big gap in my life called love. aaaahhh... :lol:
Nathalie

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard