The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Moderator: Eoin

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Eoin » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:53 pm

sleepyhead wrote:Merci beaucoup, Nathalie :) Indeed, the chocolate, the chocolate... I am quite the chocolate fiend, the really dark kind mostly


Excellent, you pass the chocolate test. ;)

sleepyhead wrote:I am not yet in my thirties, since you ask, but coming to grips with the approach of the ever-disturbing age of twenty-five. So I guess I'm just like the rest of you, although I do see that your profile says you're still only nineteen, mister!
And if anything, you certainly made a memorable impression :wink:


Now you're just encouraging the rest of us to act out too. :P

I hit 25 last December. I don't want to scaremonger or anything here, but it's like a little piece of you dies. :cry:
User avatar
Eoin
 
Posts: 2989
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:40 am

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Rocky » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:33 pm

sleepyhead wrote:Rocky, are you looking for a lover, une amante, a sweet-heart perhaps? You seem to enjoy quite a reputation here.
I am not yet in my thirties, since you ask, but coming to grips with the approach of the ever-disturbing age of twenty-five. So I guess I'm just like the rest of you, although I do see that your profile says you're still only nineteen, mister!
And if anything, you certainly made a memorable impression :wink:


The good sort of memorble or the bad sort? And sure 25 is the new 19 anyway so it matters not :D
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
User avatar
Rocky
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:43 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Belle » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:39 pm

Buns as promised! :D
It's no belgian chocolate but still...



Image
User avatar
Belle
 
Posts: 1952
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:41 am
Location: all over the shop

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Rocky » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:41 pm

Belle wrote:Buns as promised! :D
It's no belgian chocolate but still...



Image


Bellegian chocolate it is :D
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
User avatar
Rocky
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:43 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby sleepyhead » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:26 pm

Belle, those buns look delicious! How come every time I visit this board I'm reminded of the fact that I haven't had proper breakfast yet? :)

Eoin wrote:
sleepyhead wrote:I am not yet in my thirties, since you ask, but coming to grips with the approach of the ever-disturbing age of twenty-five. So I guess I'm just like the rest of you, although I do see that your profile says you're still only nineteen, mister!
And if anything, you certainly made a memorable impression :wink:


Now you're just encouraging the rest of us to act out too. :P

I hit 25 last December. I don't want to scaremonger or anything here, but it's like a little piece of you dies. :cry:


Ow but you should totally act out if you feel like it. Just gooooo with the flooooow.

You did scare me though. I don't tend to handle birthdays well. Friends still talk about my one hour silence and the look of sheer panic at midnight on my twentieth. Turning twenty-five will be tough.

Nathalie wrote:the kind of chocolate that releases delicious hormones to fill that big gap in my life called love. aaaahhh... :lol:


Please tell me what it's called and where it can be procured promptly.

Rocky, let's say... the good kind. But mostly just memorable. "25 is the new 19 anyway so it matters not" will be my new motto for at least a year, especially after Eoin's disturbing news.
25 is the new 19 anyway so it matters not - Rocky (who explicitly asked to be quoted)
User avatar
sleepyhead
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:56 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Rocky » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:31 pm

sleepyhead wrote: "25 is the new 19 anyway so it matters not"


Put that as your sig and don't forget to let people know that it was me that came up with it. That way both you and pigo can have quotes by me as your sig.

Oh and by the by I'm definately gone this time. See yez all in a week 8)
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
User avatar
Rocky
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:43 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Belle » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:33 pm

Rocky wrote:
sleepyhead wrote: "25 is the new 19 anyway so it matters not"


Put that as your sig and don't forget to let people know that it was me that came up with it. That way both you and pigo can have quotes by me as your sig.

Oh and by the by I'm definately gone this time. See yez all in a week 8)


Have fun Rocky!!!
User avatar
Belle
 
Posts: 1952
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:41 am
Location: all over the shop

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Eoin » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:14 pm

sleepyhead wrote:Ow but you should totally act out if you feel like it. Just gooooo with the flooooow.


Yeah, but now that I have permission it just doesn't feel like acting out. ;)

sleepyhead wrote:You did scare me though. I don't tend to handle birthdays well. Friends still talk about my one hour silence and the look of sheer panic at midnight on my twentieth. Turning twenty-five will be tough.


I know that feeling. Everything from about 17 onwards just seems to be flying by at a disturbing rate. I sorta expected to have done a whole lot of stuff I haven't done yet by now.

sleepyhead wrote:
Nathalie wrote:the kind of chocolate that releases delicious hormones to fill that big gap in my life called love. aaaahhh... :lol:


Please tell me what it's called and where it can be procured promptly.


I reckon anything good with over 60% cocoa mass probably fits the bill. :D A lot of the chocolate you get here is not even chocolate, it's more like milk and sugar and vegetable fat with some cocoa flavouring and vanilla. :(
User avatar
Eoin
 
Posts: 2989
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:40 am

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby edithgonne » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:46 pm

Hi, I'm Edith. I'm slightly new, but still slightly used here. I've neglected the bellyboard in favor of moving. Not fun. Anyways, I'm back!
:D
There Must and Shall Be Aspirin!
edithgonne
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: baltimore docks.

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Eoin » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:09 pm

edithgonne wrote:Hi, I'm Edith. I'm slightly new, but still slightly used here. I've neglected the bellyboard in favor of moving. Not fun. Anyways, I'm back!
:D


I was wondering where you'd got to! How's the jaw doing?
User avatar
Eoin
 
Posts: 2989
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:40 am

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby sleepyhead » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:38 pm

Welcome back Edith! :)

Eoin wrote:I know that feeling. Everything from about 17 onwards just seems to be flying by at a disturbing rate. I sorta expected to have done a whole lot of stuff I haven't done yet by now.


I know! It's like time is speeding up and the years have become months. It is scary and it can only get worse. By the time we're sixty, years will probably only take minutes. Think about it. (Or not, if you're like me, and you need every minute of sleep you can get.) I had always planned to graduate, have a job and be at least an inch taller by the time I hit 25. None of it has happened yet :(

Eoin wrote:I reckon anything good with over 60% cocoa mass probably fits the bill. :D A lot of the chocolate you get here is not even chocolate, it's more like milk and sugar and vegetable fat with some cocoa flavouring and vanilla. :(


60% is good and 70% cocoa is all right too, but only in combination with a hot drink. 80% is just too much for me. Technically, if it does not contain any cocoa, it's just not chocolate, so people shouldn't call it that. :) What is absolutely delicious, by the way, is something called 'chocolade Antwerpse handjes'. It's an antwerpian (sp?) delicacy: dark chocolates in the shape of a hand with a marzipan or marzipan-liqueur filling. Hmmm.
25 is the new 19 anyway so it matters not - Rocky (who explicitly asked to be quoted)
User avatar
sleepyhead
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:56 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby edithgonne » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:49 pm

Eoin wrote:I was wondering where you'd got to! How's the jaw doing?

It's fantastic now! I can eat like I used to. How are you doing?

sleepyhead wrote:Welcome back Edith! :)


Thanks, Sleepyhead! It's good to be back!
There Must and Shall Be Aspirin!
edithgonne
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: baltimore docks.

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Eoin » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:05 pm

sleepyhead wrote:60% is good and 70% cocoa is all right too, but only in combination with a hot drink. 80% is just too much for me.


I've had an 85% and a 90% once or twice. I think it has to be really really well made at that kinda percentage or it's just a bit nasty. Either way... small doses only. :)

sleepyhead wrote: Technically, if it does not contain any cocoa, it's just not chocolate, so people shouldn't call it that. :)


Well, they do really, I was just being mean. The average for chocolate around here is 10-25%. It lacks umph. ;)

sleepyhead wrote:What is absolutely delicious, by the way, is something called 'chocolade Antwerpse handjes'. It's an antwerpian (sp?) delicacy: dark chocolates in the shape of a hand with a marzipan or marzipan-liqueur filling. Hmmm.


That sounds excellent. :shock: Now I want some. :cry:

edithgonne wrote:It's fantastic now! I can eat like I used to. How are you doing?


Nothing new with me really. I was thinking of buying that Onion tee-shirt that says "I'd rather be complaining".
User avatar
Eoin
 
Posts: 2989
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:40 am

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby pigography » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:36 pm

Rocky wrote:
sleepyhead wrote: "25 is the new 19 anyway so it matters not"

Put that as your sig and don't forget to let people know that it was me that came up with it. That way both you and pigo can have quotes by me as your sig.

:lol: Ah sleepyhead, Rocky will be ever so pleased at your signature.

edithgonne wrote:Hi, I'm Edith. I'm slightly new, but still slightly used here. I've neglected the bellyboard in favor of moving. Not fun. Anyways, I'm back!
:D

Welcome back! Glad to hear you're on solids again.
...all that talk about chocolate makes me want some but there's none in the house. Looks like I'll have to trek out to get some.
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
User avatar
pigography
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: On the wrong incline - Toronto

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Redgrelda » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:11 am

Out of curiousity, I tried chocolate covered bacon yesterday. It wasn't icky, but I'm quite sure I'll never have it again...
User avatar
Redgrelda
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:20 am
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron