The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Moderator: Eoin

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Mully » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:34 pm

Who is in charge of Bun Distribution these days ?
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Eoin » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:53 pm

I don't know. Belle seems to have fled, and Nathalie cut loose from her responsibilities as soon as she was sure Brian wasn't coming back*. I do the technical things, so I feel that cyber-bun administration should fall on someone else. No bun distributer, I.

* I just made this reason up, but it seems believable
Eoin

Postby Rocky » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:28 pm

And I'm out cos I seem to be the resident pervert since Bones gave up the ghost completely. Also, some of my bun mixture would be less than reputable
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Nathalie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Eoin wrote:I don't know. Belle seems to have fled, and Nathalie cut loose from her responsibilities as soon as she was sure Brian wasn't coming back*. I do the technical things, so I feel that cyber-bun administration should fall on someone else. No bun distributer, I.

* I just made this reason up, but it seems believable

:lol: the logic is nearly there mister.

talking about buns and cakes, here's one for our tough yet fair mod.

And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Belle » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:19 pm

Eoin wrote:I don't know. Belle seems to have fled, and Nathalie cut loose from her responsibilities as soon as she was sure Brian wasn't coming back*. I do the technical things, so I feel that cyber-bun administration should fall on someone else. No bun distributer, I.

You're usually the washer upper as far as I recall :P

Hi everyone, I'm new... well not new really, just havent been around for a while. Apologies, but I do come bearing seasonal gifts :D

Mince pies all round..

Belle

Postby Eoin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:39 pm

Woooo! Yeah. :)
Eoin

Postby evie09 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:56 pm

so it really MUST be Christmas now if there's mince pies on the bellyboard! yay!
evie09

Postby Andy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:31 pm

Yeah, hey, I'm not new either (in fact, this coming summer it's going to be ten years since i first saw Bellx1. Bleedin heck!), just dropped by to say happy christmas to ye all really and decided to stick my oar in on a couple of threads. Hope you're all well and not missing me here too much :D

If you want to know where i've been, well i've been on a search mission to try and locate the hopper and am just back for the festive period. No joy as yet although I did pick up his trail in cambodia back in May, but after following it through Thailand i got a little distracted and had lost it by the time I reached Burma. Here's hoping for better luck in 0h ten.

You can relax for the afternoon Eoin, it must be my turn to wash up at this stage.

http://www.dancingsantacard.com/?santa=1724950
Andy

Postby aoife05 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:35 am

Rocky wrote:And I'm out cos I seem to be the resident pervert since Bones gave up the ghost completely. Also, some of my bun mixture would be less than reputable

May not be the resident pervert anymore...he'll still always be a pervert to me!

If only he came on these days to witness my abuse.

Jaaaaaysus, I feel new too.
:(
"It's not a gig, it's a focus group. "- Paul Noonan
aoife05

Postby Mully » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 pm

aoife05 wrote:

God, I love a good Jaaaaaysus.

Was there something in the water in Dec 06 ?
Even though we may have been lurking around the board for a few yrs beforehand, but myself, Nath, Andy, Aoife, Eoin, Evie, Belle & Rocky all signed up officially in that month.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby lilac*mess » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Mully wrote:
aoife05 wrote:

God, I love a good Jaaaaaysus.

Was there something in the water in Dec 06 ?
Even though we may have been lurking around the board for a few yrs beforehand, but myself, Nath, Andy, Aoife, Eoin, Evie, Belle & Rocky all signed up officially in that month.

*Ahem* and me :( That was when we got this phpbb thingy. Didn't realise it was three years ago. Madness.
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

Postby Mully » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:56 pm

lilac*mess wrote: *Ahem* and me :( That was when we got this phpbb thingy. Didn't realise it was three years ago. Madness.

So sorry, Lilac. You can have my bun, it has sprinkles on it.

In my defence, I only looked at the posters on this page, which you weren't on ...
Mully

Postby jasmineha » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:34 am

Hello all. I feel like I have so many questions about the band. I was just reading an interview the other day, and Paul wouldn't say who "Light Catches Your Face" was about.. Is that pretty normal for them? When I start listening to a band, I feel like I want to know all about them! I am mainly just curious about the writing.. Do all the guys contribute to the lyrics? Sorry, rambling!
jasmineha

Postby Mully » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:36 am

jasmineha wrote:Hello all. I feel like I have so many questions about the band. I was just reading an interview the other day, and Paul wouldn't say who "Light Catches Your Face" was about.. Is that pretty normal for them? When I start listening to a band, I feel like I want to know all about them! I am mainly just curious about the writing.. Do all the guys contribute to the lyrics? Sorry, rambling!

That is very coherent rambling, Jasmineha ... First off welcome. Grabbing a bun or one of Nath's cakes is the regular way of coming in to us.

I'm pretty sure Paul does most of the writing, with Dave writing the songs that he sings. In the early days, Paul used to use a childrens religon book for ideas on lyrics, also a poetry book which we all used for our final school exams. I presume both of these are now exhausted & his songs are becoming more modern, to me anyway. Smart lyrics has always been a strong point of the band & a cause of nice long threads on here whenever new songs arrive.

I'm never noticed Paul being coy before, about song lyrics. Interesting, must go back & listen again.
Mully

Postby Rocky » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Paul does mention his mother a lot when it comes to Light Catches Your Face. I don't know if it's about her (it does make sense in some ways if you listen to the lyrics) but he may just have dedicated it to her. That's all my input
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard