The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Moderator: Eoin

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby lisabiscuit » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Probably was'nt me. Havent been here in ages. But im from Galway City right in the thick of things. Your from Galway too then ya? Wheres your girlfriend off too? Pissed off? Too many questions? Want some more?
lisabiscuit

Postby Rocky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:01 pm

I am but I'm out in the country a bit. Go to college in NUI though. The gf is gone back to Boston where she lives and she only recently became the girlfriend proper so I'm still getting used to it. Not too many questions. Just don't expect me to ask any back. Yes i'd love some more...
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Mully » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:42 am

Rocky wrote: Can I not just make friends with girls who may or may not be in my locality? :oops:

Nope. You're a dawg in heat. The Lilac Shopping incident proved that.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Rocky » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:05 am

Mully wrote:
Rocky wrote: Can I not just make friends with girls who may or may not be in my locality? :oops:

Any red blooded male would have jumped to the conclusions that I did. You guys are just gay :D
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Eoin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:59 pm

lisabiscuit wrote:Good for you Eoin!! Whats it like? Whats your style and stuff. How is it going for ya?

Follow one of the links in my signature and you can find out within seconds. :wink: It went quite well, though it was a pretty small-scale release.

Rocky wrote:Any red blooded male would have jumped to the conclusions that I did. You guys are just gay :D

Not to say that that I haven't imagined Lilac naked, but your conclusion just wasn't implied by the situation that was presented. The evidence supports Mully's theory. :P
Eoin

Postby Niftium » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Mully wrote:

Is this anything like Calvin's Noodle Incident?
Niftium

Postby Mully » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Niftium wrote:
Mully wrote:

Is this anything like Calvin's Noodle Incident?

Its pretty much identical, in a not really kinda way.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby lilac*mess » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:13 am

Ahem, what's this 'noodle incident', since I'm sort of being compared to it? I don't know whether I need to offended or not...
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

Postby Niftium » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:39 am

lilac*mess wrote:Ahem, what's this 'noodle incident', since I'm sort of being compared to it? I don't know whether I need to offended or not...

No cause for offense, Lilac. Unless you managed to get some sort of worm problem from this incident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_%28 ... e_Incident
Niftium

Postby Rocky » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:43 am

Eoin wrote:
Rocky wrote:Any red blooded male would have jumped to the conclusions that I did. You guys are just gay :D

Not to say that that I haven't imagined Lilac naked, but your conclusion just wasn't implied by the situation that was presented. The evidence supports Mully's theory. :P

Point proven by the way you stuck up for your gay lover Mully. If you stood up for me, however, no gayness would be in any way implied. Obviously.
Rocky

Postby Nathalie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:17 am

can you please stop using the term gay in a derogatory way? honestly. it's so 20th century...
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Rocky » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:31 am

It's a joke Nath
Rocky

Postby Nathalie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:42 am

i don't think it is such a joke. i know you're not homophobic but have you ever asked yourself what it would feel for a gay person to read your lines? and would you allow yourself to do the same about black people or fat people for instance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsZ6seGR3k4&feature=related

(yeah, not precisely related by i'll use any reason to put her out there... :mrgreen: )
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:38 pm

Rocky wrote:
Eoin wrote:

Point proven by the way you stuck up for your gay lover Mully. If you stood up for me, however, no gayness would be in any way implied. Obviously.

Mods, Delete this please ... If PT reads this I'm a dead man when I get home !
Mully

Postby Rocky » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:58 pm

Nathalie wrote:i don't think it is such a joke. i know you're not homophobic but have you ever asked yourself what it would feel for a gay person to read your lines? and would you allow yourself to do the same about black people or fat people for instance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsZ6seGR3k4&feature=related

(yeah, not precisely related by i'll use any reason to put her out there... :mrgreen: )

I have an sure there'd be plenty offended by it but there' also be plenty who would take it as the joke that it is an be fine with it. I think you're being quite general in saying that it would hurt all homosexually inclined people. But lets not fight about it cos you'll probably win and I'm afraid of you. So I'm sorry to anyone I may have offended
Rocky

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard