The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Moderator: Eoin

Re: The "Hi, I'm New" thread...

Postby Melody55555 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi there, is there new music coming from Bell X1 or any of its individual members?
Melody55555

Postby Mully » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Melody55555 wrote:Hi there, is there new music coming from Bell X1 or any of its individual members?

My my ... we have itchy feet, don't we.

Dave released his 2nd album in Aug
http://www.davidgeraghty.com/music.php

Thats about it, really.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Melody55555 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:43 pm

Mully wrote:
Melody55555 wrote:Hi there, is there new music coming from Bell X1 or any of its individual members?

My my ... we have itchy feet, don't we.

Dave released his 2nd album in Aug
http://www.davidgeraghty.com/music.php

Thats about it, really.

Thank you for your help. Just recently discovered their music (less than a year ago). I did hear David G's new music and like that very much too. They are great songcrafters, hence the reason i search for more. Even adore that Justin Timberlake cover-ish tune they do and that boy usually makes cold shivers go up my spine (and not in a good way) :) Was hoping the fans could direct me to a stash of other unreleased or solo material (you all seem very nice from the posts on the belly board i've read).
Melody55555

Postby Mully » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:41 pm

Melody55555 wrote:
Thank you for your help. Just recently discovered their music (less than a year ago). I did hear David G's new music and like that very much too. They are great songcrafters, hence the reason i search for more. Even adore that Justin Timberlake cover-ish tune they do and that boy usually makes cold shivers go up my spine (and not in a good way) :) Was hoping the fans could direct me to a stash of other unreleased or solo material (you all seem very nice from the posts on the belly board i've read).

Sorry how I came across there. We've had a Bellies album & a Dave album recently enough. We all get itchy feet for more from time to time I know.

Dave has 2 albums on his ownsome, which you'll find details on his site. If you like his songs on the Bellx1 albums, then you'll like his solo stuff. As you say, well crafted songs.

Paul contributed vocals to a charity album called "The Cake Sale" afew years back. It was curated by a former member of the band, Brian Crosby. Nathalie on here can wax lyrical on the wonders of Brian all day long.

http://www.thecakesale.com/
http://store.yeproc.com/album.php?id=12708
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Melody55555 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Mully wrote:
Melody55555 wrote:

Sorry how I came across there. We've had a Bellies album & a Dave album recently enough. We all get itchy feet for more from time to time I know.

Dave has 2 albums on his ownsome, which you'll find details on his site. If you like his songs on the Bellx1 albums, then you'll like his solo stuff. As you say, well crafted songs.

Paul contributed vocals to a charity album called "The Cake Sale" afew years back. It was curated by a former member of the band, Brian Crosby. Nathalie on here can wax lyrical on the wonders of Brian all day long.

http://www.thecakesale.com/
http://store.yeproc.com/album.php?id=12708

I hope too they get the urge to write together again soon. Do you think they could be bribed with lavish complements and food?

Regarding the Cake Sale, I think someone gave me that album to listen to, but didn't at the time and it was shuffled away. Did not know until recently that that involved them at all, so it has been added to the scavenger list for the day.
Melody55555

Postby Mully » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:33 am

Melody55555 wrote: Regarding the Cake Sale, I think someone gave me that album to listen to, but didn't at the time and it was shuffled away. Did not know until recently that that involved them at all, so it has been added to the scavenger list for the day.

Just thinking about it, who is doing the male vocals 'Some Surprise' on the album ?
Is it Paul, or Gary from Snowpatrol ... I know there are 2 versions of the song.
Mully

Postby Rocky » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:27 am

Gary Lightbody but he sounds quite like Paul on it oddly enough
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Eoin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Well, it's not that odd really. I assume he learned it from a version with Paul and then just mimicked it. He's not a strong singer.
Eoin

Postby lilac*mess » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:14 am

Eoin wrote:Well, it's not that odd really. I assume he learned it from a version with Paul and then just mimicked it. He's not a strong singer.

Meow.
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

Postby Susan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:36 am

I am the newest and I'll just have a cuppa t.
Susan

Postby Mully » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:07 am

Susan wrote:I am the newest and I'll just have a cuppa t.

Nathalie won't be too happy if you don't at least try a bun or cake. She slaved over them ...

Welcome Susan.
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:44 am

hi susan, welcome to the bellyboard. and for info, i don't work here anymore (read, no bun, no cake made by me). still, would have brought some croissants but pc is bizarre these days and i can't copy any image around here...
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:06 am

Nathalie wrote: and for info, i don't work here anymore (read, no bun, no cake made by me). still, would have brought some croissants but pc is bizarre these days and i can't copy any image around here...

Woah Woah WOAH !!

You just insert a random croissant photo ??!
I thought you baked, & uploaded a photo of your own. :wink:

I need to lie down, my world has been shattered.
Mully

Postby Eoin » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Susan wrote:I am the newest and I'll just have a cuppa t.

Welcome to the board, Susan. :)

lilac*mess wrote:Meow.

Just saying it like it is. :P
Eoin

Postby Gowayanshite » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:26 am

Hi my name is Gowayanshite... I'm old... shite.. wrong thread :roll:
Gowayanshite

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard