The question thread

Moderator: Eoin

Re: The question thread

Postby Mully » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:51 pm

Rocky wrote:I hadn't planned on going up because the whole trip to Dublin thing doesn't suit me too good, but I'm finding it hard enough to say no now too. Failing that I'm sure I'll find good hands for them.

Yeah, would trip down after work myself, but I see they are playing in Belfast in a few weeks, so come to Butthead
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Rocky » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:56 pm

Joanna wrote:I'm with you there Rocky...

It is most inconvenient for me to get to Dublin but I'm going to do it now! Where would you have to travel from?

I'd be coming from Galway but I'd have to tip up after 6pm and then drive straight back down after. I'd also have to find someone who likes Bellx1 sufficiently to come along with me. Also, realistically I'd have to travel the 25 miles into Galway city to pick up whoever eventually comes with and drop them back and then be up at 7 Thurs morning. But dammit if I find someone I'm gonna go. Knowing my luck I'll turn up at the box office and my name won't be there.
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Gowayanshite » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:20 pm

It is most inconvenient for me to get to Dublin but I'm going to do it now! Where would you have to travel from?

See ya there!! Is Hamish coming??
Gowayanshite

Postby Mr Benn » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Living the far side of the Atlantic these days so unfortunately can't take the guys up on their offer directly :( Sending a friend along in my stead though. Roll on the North American tour!
"Your skin is something that I stir into my tea"
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby Joanna » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Gowayanshite wrote:

Who else would I bring?! It's just like old times... I'm skipping class to go see the Bellies. But this time it involves driving approx 150 miles.

Rocky - do it! Between us we'll be increasing the carbon footprint of the entire population significantly!
Goooood Afternoonan
Joanna

Postby Rocky » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm

Joanna wrote:
Gowayanshite wrote:

Who else would I bring?! It's just like old times... I'm skipping class to go see the Bellies. But this time it involves driving approx 150 miles.

Rocky - do it! Between us we'll be increasing the carbon footprint of the entire population significantly!

Ya fuck it why not. I'm looking at a 450km round trip and no sleep for the night but I feel like this is something that has to be done. Now to find someone to come with. My bro is mad to go but he's only 16 sadly
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Joanna » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:54 pm

This is shaping up to be a bellyboard reunion :lol:
Goooood Afternoonan
Joanna

Postby Gowayanshite » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:05 pm

Rocky wrote:
Ya fuck it why not.

That's the attitude!!!!

My reply to the bellies message is still in my outbox.. so if you're out there I accept!!! thank you! :)

I actually spent a good while today deciding whether to get tickets or not.. I eventually bought two tickets for Thursday night's gig (sound cellar still have some) only 2 hours later I discover I've been given 2 free for wednesday night!! What the hell do i do now?? Double belly??!

What time are going to be in town Joanna??
Gowayanshite

Postby Joanna » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:12 pm

Lord knows Oisiers... I am coming from Derry. Supposed to be in class until 3.15 but I may sneak off at about 12. Going via Meath to say hi to the folks and retrieve Hamish. We should meet beforehand though... power in numbers in case they don't believe us at the box office that we actually have tickets...
Goooood Afternoonan
Joanna

Postby Gowayanshite » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Well I know as fact that Amy will have ya late.. I dont know if I should go home and come back into town or drive in or get the bus or what to be doing.. too damn excited to think!!!!

Surely you'd make it in for 6-ish?? I'm finished work at 5:30
Gowayanshite

Postby aoife05 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:43 pm

I'd be going only I have a presentation on Friday and need to work on it all day tommorrow, can't believe they gave me tickets!!
"It's not a gig, it's a focus group. "- Paul Noonan
aoife05

Postby Gowayanshite » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:35 pm

I'm gonna buy a new t-shirt!!! We all should.. that's how they make the real money don't ya know.. merchandise.. it stopped being about the music a long long time ago for the band.. now it's all Bellx-onesies.. and hoodies.. and tea pot cover things..
Gowayanshite

Postby Rocky » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:58 pm

Found my person to go with so it's official. I'm going. I better not arrive at the box office to be told there's no tickets for me there. :oops:
Rocky

Postby Joanna » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:12 am

Yeah imagine it was all a massive hoax! We'd all be standing there raging...

My essay is finished. I think you can actually pinpoint the point at which I decided I didn't give a crap any more and was going to rush through it to go to Bell X1 :D
Goooood Afternoonan
Joanna

Postby Rocky » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:17 am

I'm just thinking... we'll possibly all be close-by will we, all us bellyboarders? That'd be cool. Either way I'm excited now and hope I'll get up there on time.
Rocky

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard