Gigs in 2009

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Gigs in 2009

Postby Mully » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Mully wrote: 'This light and on this evening'

This is wierd ... Like Nick Cave singing Kraftwerk.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:51 am

Yes, yes, yes! Just received my ticket for Charlie Winston on Nov 27th and one for the Bellies on Nov 28th. What a weekend to look forward to! :D :D
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:05 am

Weighing up where to go see Biffy Clyro next week ... Decisions Decisions.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Rocky » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:09 am

Codes, Roisin, Dec. 1st, excited
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Mully » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Doves in Manchester before Christmas. I'm full of Christmas Joy with that news.
Mully

Postby peepingtom » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:48 am

depeche mode in a couple of weeks, then wolfmother in jan (bit dubious about this one now), then Machine 'Fucking' Head in feb .... cant wait for that one!
__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Postby Mully » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:30 am

peepingtom wrote:depeche mode in a couple of weeks, then wolfmother in jan (bit dubious about this one now), then Machine 'Fucking' Head in feb .... cant wait for that one!

I missed out on DM tickets & Wolfmother will be a lot of stoopid fun.
I'm going to get to Machinehead this time ... Everytime they tour, I miss out. Am gonna opt for Belfast though ... Better venue.
Mully

Postby Rocky » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:24 am

Just back from Codes. They're getting better live I think. Piss poor turn out but they took it in good spirit and they seem like nice guys. I wish them well
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Colm » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Mully wrote:Doves in Manchester before Christmas. I'm full of Christmas Joy with that news.

Lucky.

Went ages with no gigs until Arctic Monkeys in Dublin last week. Thought they played a great gig even if the crowd was a bit shit. Looking forward to Delorentos and of course the bellies next weekend! :D
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby shiv » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:11 am

Ok its been 8 months since i've been to a gig and 10 months since i've been to a GOOD gig!!!! so i return in january......no idea whats on... any recommendations?
I'm going to get my early bird EP ticket on Friday just to have something to look forward to.....

FONTANA! are you still in melbourne? anything on over christmas/new years week? seriously i don't know where to look...i'm just out of the desert and can't get used to drinking tap water........
shiv

Postby Mr Benn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:19 am

Pixies and the Mountain Goats in one weekend? I'm beginning to like Boston.
"Your skin is something that I stir into my tea"
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby Mully » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:46 am

Mr Benn wrote:I'm beginning to like Boston.

Is it more than a feeling ?
Mully

Postby Rocky » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:51 am

Mully wrote:
Mr Benn wrote:I'm beginning to like Boston.

Is it more than a feeling ?

Saw it coming a mile away Mully. You're getting predictable.

Any gigs worth going to in Boston between 30th Dec and 13th Jan Mr Benn. I feel like I have to go to one while I'm over there
Rocky

Postby Mully » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:25 pm

Rocky wrote:

I'll still get a PM from Nath looking for an explanation :wink:
Mully

Postby Rocky » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:27 pm

Mully wrote:
Rocky wrote:

I'll still get a PM from Nath looking for an explanation :wink:

As long as you've got that to look forward to keep making those jokes. Also I should have said that i saw it coming 3,100 miles away. But it's too late for that now
Rocky

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard