Oxegen 09

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Oxegen 09

Postby peepingtom » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:58 am

Mully wrote:
peepingtom wrote:anyone got stage times please?

Ask, & I shall not judge you.

Thanks a mil ... good work
__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Postby Mully » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:23 am

Eoin wrote:God damn, I went and spent 30 minutes laying one out in an Excel spreadsheet earlier. Mine fits on an A4 sheet though, except for the Bicardi Stage and the Dance Stage.

Well stick it up ... You know you want to.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby peepingtom » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:10 am

Mully wrote:
Eoin wrote:God damn, I went and spent 30 minutes laying one out in an Excel spreadsheet earlier. Mine fits on an A4 sheet though, except for the Bicardi Stage and the Dance Stage.

Well stick it up ... You know you want to.

dont you want to go for a drink first?
__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Postby lilac*mess » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:34 am

peepingtom wrote:
dont you want to go for a drink first?

Oh peepingtom, how I've missed you :lol:
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

Postby Eoin » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Say, how come no one told me that God is an Astronaut are great?

Mully wrote: Well stick it up ... You know you want to.

It's just for me and my dog.
Eoin

Postby Colm » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:18 pm

So, what was the verdict from people who went? I really enjoyed it, despite the weather and some of the crowd. Not as good as last year but better than '07 imo. Highlights for me were Blur, Elbow, Nick Cave, Glasvegas, The Flaws, Doves and David Kitt.
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Mully » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:39 am

The weather on Sat just wanted to make me cry ...

Highlights were Therapy? (& meeting them afterwards), Nick Cave, Doves, Passion Pit, Foals, Gaslight Anthem, Friendly Fires, Nine Inch Nails & Crystal Castles.

Lowlights were the cancellation of Ladyhawke & In Case Of Fire moving their slot without telling anyone ... Sticking it on their MySpace is no use me in a field in Kildare.

I heard that Pet Shop Shops were superb, & (as my friend said) Janes Addiction was gayer than PSB !
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Eoin » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:26 am

Highlights for me were Nine Inch Nails and St. Vincent. I also especially enjoyed Regina Spektor, God is an Astronaut, Howling Bells, Duke Special, and Fight Like Apes.

Blue and Snow Patrol were also good, and Calvin Harris was quite entertaining. As was Katy Perry. All in all, I thought it was the best Oxegen line up in years.
Eoin

Postby leftofthestage » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:29 am

highlights for me were Blur, Elbow, David Kitt, Dark Room Notes, Mogwai and the Pet Shop boys, lowlights would be few and far between, the extra rain on Sunday just when the place was drying out, Maximo Park and missing Glasvegas...doh....and yes I'm new so someone give me a bun!
leftofthestage

Postby Eoin » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:56 am

Welcome!

Nathalie will be along shortly with some kind of bun.
Eoin

Postby Mully » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:48 pm

leftofthestage wrote:highlights for me were Blur, Elbow, David Kitt, Dark Room Notes, Mogwai and the Pet Shop boys, lowlights would be few and far between, the extra rain on Sunday just when the place was drying out, Maximo Park and missing Glasvegas...doh....and yes I'm new so someone give me a bun!

You look familiar, I normally stand to the left of the stage ...

I reccommend nuking the buns for about 20secs in a microwave .... Mmmm, warm buns.
Mully

Postby Colm » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Really enjoyed Foals and Duke Special as well. I also only found about Ladyhawke cancelling just before she was due to start. :x Welcome leftofthestage, by the way!
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby shiv » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:09 am

Mully wrote:You look familiar, I normally stand to the left of the stage ...

As do I! all this time and we didn't even know!
welcome leftofthestage.......................

sounds like you all had much fun......i'll be there next year!
shiv

Postby aoife05 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:53 am

leftofthestage wrote:highlights for me were Blur, Elbow, David Kitt, Dark Room Notes, Mogwai and the Pet Shop boys, lowlights would be few and far between, the extra rain on Sunday just when the place was drying out, Maximo Park and missing Glasvegas...doh....and yes I'm new so someone give me a bun!

Glasvegas were amazing! Rob looked like he was gonna cry during Daddy's Gone when the crowd were shouting back at him 'He's Gone He's gone', I dunno if that was cos he was emotional about fans singing his lyrics or that he felt he was being taunted about his daddy being gone. :(

Snow Patrol, KoL, Bloc Party, YYYs, Foals, FLApes rocked it!

Weather sucked and my bag got robbed, but all in all a good weekend!
"It's not a gig, it's a focus group. "- Paul Noonan
aoife05

Previous

Return to The BellyBoard