Moderator: Eoin

Re: Oxegen 09

Postby Chaz » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:33 pm

Well, I'll live in hope. God Mully, you're really dragging me down, man!!! :D
I'm like Colombus in India.
Chaz

Postby Mully » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:37 am

Chaz wrote:Well, I'll live in hope. God Mully, you're really dragging me down, man!!! :D

But you won't be there maybe, so no loss ...
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Chaz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:32 pm

Well i most likely will be. Have a very special occasion to mark so me and the buds are planning on going then instead of now. god, the cheek of ya!! :P
Chaz

Postby aoife05 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:04 pm

The LC finishing?? Your birthday??

Bands I want to see- Yeah Yeah Yeahs, KoL, SP, Blur, TV On The Radio, Manics, FOALS!!, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, The Script (hehe) NIN, Eagles of Death Metal, The Doves, The Specials, Fight Like Apes, Of Montreal, Ladyhawke, Pendulum, Pete Doherty, White Lies, Killers, Elbow, friendly fires...nice mix there I think!

Line-up so far:

Friday 10th July
Blur

Snow Patrol

The Script

Keane

Lily Allen

James

Pendulum

Ladyhawke

Fight Like Apes

Swedish House Mafia

Crookers

Eagles of Death Metal

Dreadzone

God is an Astronaut

Tom Middleton

Aeroplane

Saturday 11th July
Kings of Leon

Bloc Party

Elbow

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

TV on the Radio

Pete Doherty

The Mars Volta

The Game

Squeeze

Hockey

Tiga,

Digitalism.

Pet Shop Boys

Doves

The Saturdays

Gary Go

Sunday 12th July
The Killers

Razorlight

The Specials

Lady Gaga

The Ting Tings

Katy Perry

Manic Street Preachers

Paolo Nutini

Florence and the Machine White Lies

Jason Mraz

Foals

Friendly Fires

of Montreal

Miss Kittin and The Hacker (Live).

Nine Inch Nails

Jane’s Addiction

Glasvegas

Hudson Mohawke
"It's not a gig, it's a focus group. "- Paul Noonan
aoife05

Postby Chaz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:19 pm

[quote="aoife05"]The LC finishing?? Your birthday??

Both actually, come to think of it! :) Mainly the Leaving finishing though. We'll all need some SERIOUS re-charge and partying after that particular event!! You're doing/will be doing it as well won't u?

The Script? Didn't think 2 many people on here were very approving of them. Typical boy band (or man band as they prefer). having met them, they are pretty sound. although the lead singer is a bit OTT for my liking.
Chaz

Postby aoife05 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:37 pm

Yea, I'll be doing it. Need to have an amazing summer before it tho, or I'll go crazy.

I just like the song "Breakeven" :)
"It's not a gig, it's a focus group. "- Paul Noonan
aoife05

Postby Chaz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:33 pm

Ah cool!!! We'll be doing it the same year!!! 2010 will be the year of genius then so :) ;) :P
Chaz

Postby Mully » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Therapy? & 'The Gaslight Anthem' confirmed ... this is pleasing to me.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Eoin » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:54 am

Therapy? played Witnness the first time I went. :)
Eoin

Postby vinnychick » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:43 pm

Witness wow that brings back memories... Does anyone here remember Feile from the early 90s?
Was there in '92 and INXS played and The four of Us and Chris the Burgh was the main Sunday act I remember and he had a stripper on stage for a song which caused uproar and Sunday was meant to be family day.....lol... oh them were the days :lol:
Good ould Semple Stadium and Thurles..... crap really feeling old now....... :shock:
vinnychick

Postby Eoin » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:43 am

I was only 9 in 1992. :P
Eoin

Postby Mully » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:44 pm

vinnychick wrote:Witness wow that brings back memories... Does anyone here remember Feile from the early 90s?
Was there in '92 and INXS played and The four of Us and Chris the Burgh was the main Sunday act I remember and he had a stripper on stage for a song which caused uproar and Sunday was meant to be family day.....lol... oh them were the days :lol:
Good ould Semple Stadium and Thurles..... crap really feeling old now....... :shock:

Never got to Feile, but I do remember the hoolabaloo over De Burgh. To be honest, Feile sounds like a hell ... For every good band on it, there would be alot of dirge would have to go thru because of the one stage.
Mully

Postby Chaz » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:28 pm

My sister went to Feile and said it was the best festival she was ever at! She loved the atmosphere and people. Said they had great craic altogether. Many's a time she tells me the story of how her and my cousin came back to Dundalk and washed the muck off themselves in the fountain in the town centre :)
Chaz

Postby Mully » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:42 pm

Chaz wrote:My sister went to Feile and said it was the best festival she was ever at! She loved the atmosphere and people. Said they had great craic altogether. Many's a time she tells me the story of how her and my cousin came back to Dundalk and washed the muck off themselves in the fountain in the town centre :)

Simpler times.
Mully

Postby vinnychick » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:51 pm

Eoin wrote:I was only 9 in 1992. :P

Ok Ok I'm showing my age.........lol....

Mully wrote:Never got to Feile, but I do remember the hoolabaloo over De Burgh. To be honest, Feile sounds like a hell ... For every good band on it, there would be alot of dirge would have to go thru because of the one stage.

There were some smaller stages I remember but I was not as into a diverse music scene then so did not know a lot of the other bands... I lvoed it though it was great craic and I was a posh packer and stayed in a B&B so can't say I felt the pain of campsites... :wink:
vinnychick

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard