Oxegen 09

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Oxegen 09

Postby evie09 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:33 pm

were the people doin their leaving next year even born in 92??? :wink:
I did my junior cert in 92. Oh god. I swear I'm not old.
I met someone recently I was in school with and she said 'You were at a gig? I'm too old for that. I haven't been to a concert in years'. :shock:
Noooooooooooo............
evie09

Postby Mully » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:35 am

evie09 wrote:I met someone recently I was in school with and she said 'You were at a gig? I'm too old for that. I haven't been to a concert in years'. :shock:

Pfft. Their loss.

I was at Passion Pit recently (Thanks Fi) & I'd say the majority of folks were 30+ .... A handful of 17-18yr olds up the front but no more than a handful. Some folks just don't go to gigs ... I have my bro + 2 sisters making their debut at Oxegen this year & I find that really wierd. I just hope they don't ruin it for me & I end up babysitting them for the time !
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Mully wrote: I have my bro + 2 sisters making their debut at Oxegen this year & I find that really wierd. I just hope they don't ruin it for me & I end up babysitting them for the time !

did it occur to you that maybe they don't want to hang around with you either? :lol:
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:02 pm

Nathalie wrote:
Mully wrote: I have my bro + 2 sisters making their debut at Oxegen this year & I find that really wierd. I just hope they don't ruin it for me & I end up babysitting them for the time !

did it occur to you that maybe they don't want to hang around with you either? :lol:

How dare you! I'm a pleasure to be around.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby aoife05 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:26 pm

evie09 wrote:were the people doin their leaving next year even born in 92??? :wink:
I did my junior cert in 92. Oh god. I swear I'm not old.
I met someone recently I was in school with and she said 'You were at a gig? I'm too old for that. I haven't been to a concert in years'. :shock:

Nope I was born in '91. But I chose to do TY....bad choice. I'm gonna wake up every morning next year thinking "Why the hell am I not in college by now?!! :roll: "
"It's not a gig, it's a focus group. "- Paul Noonan
aoife05

Postby Eoin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:40 pm

aoife05 wrote:Nope I was born in '91. But I chose to do TY....bad choice. I'm gonna wake up every morning next year thinking "Why the hell am I not in college by now?!! :roll: "

It's probably better than that year of "why am I finished college already?!"
Eoin

Postby Mully » Wed May 20, 2009 11:49 am

all you knowledgable folks out there in the know ... Any rumours about as to who the 'Special Guests' are for the Friday night ?

Mully

Postby Mully » Wed May 20, 2009 12:01 pm

Seems that Fun Lovin Criminals are the Special Guests.

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/ ... age-splits
Mully

Postby lilac*mess » Wed May 20, 2009 1:36 pm

What's with all the comebacks this year? NIN, Janes Addiction, Therapy, Pet Shop Boys, Blur, Manic Street Preachers, No Doubt, FLC, The Specials, Madness... It's bizarro. Saw Sonic Youth on some american talk show a couple of weeks ago, they looked about 80.
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

Postby Mully » Wed May 20, 2009 3:48 pm

lilac*mess wrote:What's with all the comebacks this year? NIN, Janes Addiction, Therapy, Pet Shop Boys, Blur, Manic Street Preachers, No Doubt, FLC, The Specials, Madness... It's bizarro. Saw Sonic Youth on some american talk show a couple of weeks ago, they looked about 80.

Comebacks, or just never really went away ?
Mully

Postby lilac*mess » Wed May 20, 2009 4:30 pm

Comebacks. Most of them have been off the radar for 15+years. It's not all bad, I just wonder why it's all old blokes and blokettes at the moment, where's the new stuff?
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

Postby Eoin » Wed May 20, 2009 6:18 pm

Well, NIN and the Manics have been touring and releasing albums pretty consistently.
Eoin

Postby pigography » Wed May 20, 2009 6:42 pm

And everybody else just ran out of money?
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Mully » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:33 pm

Smaller stages, which I presume completes the lineup for the weekend.

The full IMRO New Sounds Stage line-up is:

Friday 10th July: David Kitt, Heathers, The Joy Formidable, The Flaws, Yes Cadets, The Mighty Stef, Cashier No. 9, Ruth Anne Cunningham, The Brilliant Things, Home Star Runner, Stone Motion.

Saturday 11th July: Director, General Fiasco, St Vincent, Codes, And So I Watch You From Afar, Cap Pas Cap, Joe Echo, Nightbox, Angel Pier, Carosel, Jenna Toro

Sunday 12th July: Villagers, Wintersleep, Broken Records, Concerto For Constantine, Dark Room Notes, Blood Or Whiskey, The Chakras, The Jades, Andrew Hozier Byrne, Bone

the full line-up for the Hot Press New Bands stage is as follows

Friday: Spinnerette, Howling Bells, The Hours, Dinosaur Pile-Up, Mumford & Sons, Priscilla Ahn, O Emperor, Truffle Shuffle.

Saturday: The Airborne Toxic Event, Patrick Wolf, Passion Pit, Hockey, Little Boots, Sneaky Soundsystem, Go Audio, Magistrates, In Case Of Fire, Will and the People.

Sunday: The Twang, The Maccabees, Wallis Bird, Camera Obscura, The Virgins, Wild Beasts, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Phenomenal Handclap Band, The Chapters

Red Bull Academy Lineup

Crystal Castles
Tinchy Stryder
David Holmes
Ladyhawke
Florence & The Machine
Of Montreal
Casio Kids
Telepathe
M83
Goldielocks
Chloe
Lukid
202’s
Defcon
Tuki
Mano le Tough
Colm Kenefic
Messiah J & The Expert
Johnny Moy
Jamie Woon
Mickey Dee
Onar
RSAG
Rory Donohue
Mully

Postby Colm » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:03 pm

That' s an impressive line-up on the IMRO stage imo, even if they're stretching the definition of "new"!
I'll go to see David Kitt, The Flaws, Villagers, Director and Dark Room Notes, barring clashes.
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard