Derry gig April 2nd

Moderator: Eoin

Derry gig April 2nd

Postby obi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:46 am

Hey im new on here! well was on here years ago but thought id give it another go!!

saw the lads last night for the first time in aages, been to about 4 gigs so far, absolutly amazing!! the guys never fail to amaze and blow me away! was right up the fooking front! the new stuff was amazing live, loved when they played Tongue and Pinball machine too, was such an electric gig, just wondering if anyone else was der! i was the tall one at front wi the spikey hair (dancing like a loon!)

met all the crew after too, didnt think theyd be down but was great to see them again! cant believe Paul remembered me! Dave is such a funny fucker!!

was wondering if anyone else on here was at the gig too?? was a bit aprehinsive about the Nerve Centre as it is a SWEAT BOX (dave laughed at this! :P) but the atmosphere was electric..as usual!! last time i saw them was in the Point many moons ago and i was not disappointed last night!!
Paul must think im a maniac, kept blabbering on and chatting shite to him, poor thing!!

oh and b4 i go...was standing outside b4 the gig started and nearly collapsed when Paul walked past me with what looked like a chinese takeaway in his hand! was havin a smoke at the time and just stood der wi me mouth gaping like an eejit!! *shame!*

i cant stop smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P
obi

Re: Derry gig April 2nd

Postby Maud Gone » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:18 pm

I was there too....It WAS a brilliant gig,I suppose it was a bit of a sweat box but a great intimate venue :) I thought the support band were good too,the Villagers.
Maud Gone

Postby obi » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:32 pm

ah yeh they were excellent! they are so talented!!

its fooking like 4 days on from the gig and im still buzzin from it....its this normal!? :shock:
obi

Postby Maud Gone » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:08 pm

Haha me too!! Played my 3 albums to death since!!!!!
obi wrote:ah yeh they were excellent! they are so talented!!

its fooking like 4 days on from the gig and im still buzzin from it....its this normal!? :shock:
Maud Gone

Postby obi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:37 pm

excellent! at least im not alone on my obsession!! since thurs iv gotten tour de flock, found recordings of 2 gigs, get my hands on the cake sale, to be really disappointed to hear that shaggin gary shaggin lightbody sings some surprise...what the frick?! pauls much better on that track!

anyhoo...long live the bellies buzz!! :lol:
obi

Postby Redgrelda » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:36 pm

I was at the Derry gig too! Just got home to the States last night, hence the late entry. And you two are right, it was phenomenal! It was amazing to be right there, maybe 5 steps away watching them. They sounded fantastic and looked fantastic, and were completely cool with the fans afterwards. It was pretty dang crowded in there, but with the way I was jumping around like a monkey on acid, I seemed to clear a space for myself quite nicely. :shock:

My fiancee and I were about three rows back from stage on Dave's side. I was the completely blotto redhead, and Steve was the tall skinny guy with the camera. We got a ton of pics and three videos, so I'll get them up on here in the next couple of days.
Redgrelda

Postby obi » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:45 pm

ah sounds like i wasnt the only one goin mad at the gig then!! glad to hear it!!

we met paul and the gang afterwards, i remember seeing a curly red head and a tall guy talking to paul, right before sum guy was like, awh that blonde girl wants another photo!! yip that was me!!

were you the one that was talking to Dave outside after the gig, he was havin a smoke?!

i too was havin a wee puff but was too shamed (after talking complete bolloxs to them all) to go over and say bye!!

what a night!! cant believe we managed to get up right under Pauls chin at the gig....best seats in the house i reckon! 8)

its like almost a week on and im still in my wee bellies buzz...dont think its gonna end!! woop! :D
obi

Postby Redgrelda » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:36 am

obi wrote:ah sounds like i wasnt the only one goin mad at the gig then!! glad to hear it!!

we met paul and the gang afterwards, i remember seeing a curly red head and a tall guy talking to paul, right before sum guy was like, awh that blonde girl wants another photo!! yip that was me!!

were you the one that was talking to Dave outside after the gig, he was havin a smoke?!

i too was havin a wee puff but was too shamed (after talking complete bolloxs to them all) to go over and say bye!! :D

We were outside talking to Dave for quite awhile (surprise, surprise). He was very, very cool about it. I was quite drunk, and managed to make a complete silly groupie of myself. (Things are rather hazy for me, to be honest. We'd been at Sandino's from about 5:30 - 8:30ish.) I am completely embarassed! I even gave him a rose one of the flower vendors were selling!

I'm going to need to color my hair and go incognito when I see them in concert again I think! :oops:
Redgrelda

Postby obi » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:12 pm

haha! that was you that we saw!! you were in masons after too, i said to me mate, awh ders the 2 that were talking to dave outside!!

awh you gave him a rose!! class! id say he loooved it!!

as for remembering ya, the last time i met the guys was like 4 years back and paul rembered me from that so good luck to ya!!
:mrgreen:
obi

Postby Redgrelda » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:23 am

obi wrote:haha! that was you that we saw!! you were in masons after too, i said to me mate, awh ders the 2 that were talking to dave outside!!

He said it was sweet of me. Unfortunately, the rose was bought and given to me by my fiancee! :oops: Oh well. Had I been there solo, I might have thrown my shirt at him, so I it could have been worse...
Redgrelda

Postby pigography » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:11 am

Redgrelda wrote:
obi wrote:haha! that was you that we saw!! you were in masons after too, i said to me mate, awh ders the 2 that were talking to dave outside!!

He said it was sweet of me. Unfortunately, the rose was bought and given to me by my fiancee! :oops: Oh well. Had I been there solo, I might have thrown my shirt at him, so I it could have been worse...

:D You gave Dave a rose? That's so sweet! Was your Steve as drunk as you? - Then he might not remember buying you the rose, and you'd get off scot free... unless Steve has photographic evidence. Gee, now I'm hoping that Steve took some photos of you giving the rose to Dave! :lol: :wink:
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Redgrelda » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:26 am

Steve took TONS of pictures. (I'm trying to wait very patiently for him to get them to me, but my nice is fading.) And he was not even near the shape I was in. Along with all the photographic evidence, he kindly reminded me of all my smooth moves from the night before. Not only did I give Dave the flower, but I also pulled a drunken "I love you man" :oops: I actually told Dave I loved him! Then I looked at Steve right away and said "I love you too, but he's my favorite musician!" I can't believe it! What a dip I am! When we were all saying goodbye, Dave turned and said "Thanks for the flower, Steve".

Sigh....
Redgrelda

Postby Redgrelda » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:46 am

Hi everyone -

Could someone please give me instructions on how to upload photos and videos onto a site / link. I have a kagillion photos and three videos from the Derry show that I finally have to share. I know it was a long time ago, but better late than never, right? Thank you!
Redgrelda

Return to The BellyBoard