Travel Guides

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Travel Guides

Postby aoife05 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:43 pm

littlesarah wrote:so im heading off inter-railing this summer, starting in Barcelona, then up to Paris and finally down to Rome spending a while in each...or at least thats the vague plan! any tips for any of the cities? :)

Watch your bags in Barcelona! Must have seen about 5 people getting pickpocketed, in the space of a day. And no-one will help or cares.
"It's not a gig, it's a focus group. "- Paul Noonan
aoife05

Postby Mr Benn » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:29 pm

shiv wrote:
Mr Benn wrote:As for me, I'm off to Chicago next week. I used to live there, so not really looking for too much advice!

i LOVE CHICAGO! did my J1 there..stayed for 3 months! tempo cafe for the best breakfast ever.....i say that even though i worked there!!!!
i'm in the airport right now....after 3 months in perth i'm off to melbourne......sad to leave but excited about the next stage!

Can't say I ever ventured into the Tempo cafe, at least not that I remember. Will be sure to head out there this time though. I was one of the Gray Line guys :D
"Your skin is something that I stir into my tea"
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby shiv » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:51 am

I was on the Red Line........all the way out to Granville.......that was 3 years ago now....good times! J1 for you too?

tempos 24 hour and off michigan avenue on east chestnut.......
thinking of going back for a holiday next year some time to relive it all.......

also i'm loving Melbourne! Its buzzing.........
shiv

Postby Mr Benn » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:53 pm

shiv wrote:I was on the Red Line........all the way out to Granville.......that was 3 years ago now....good times! J1 for you too?

tempos 24 hour and off michigan avenue on east chestnut.......
thinking of going back for a holiday next year some time to relive it all.......

also i'm loving Melbourne! Its buzzing.........

Hehe by Gray Line I meant the bus tour folks... they tend to take on a lot of J1-ers. I lived out on the southside in Hyde Park, which unfortunately wasn't near a L line. There was a bus stop outside my door though, so that was nice.
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby shiv » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:59 am

Never took the bus when i was there....i lived for the train!!!!!! and am unaware of this gray line.......
now i'll definitely have to go back!
shiv

Postby Mr Benn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:54 pm

We were the guys in the blue tshirts on the side of the road beside all the tourist attractions. Arrived here yesterday, staying on Michigan and Wacker... my room wasn't ready when I arrived so they gave me the penthouse instead for the same price. View is incredible!!
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby joiyua » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:09 pm

Rocky wrote:I still don't know what it means though? Joiyua, you're from that part of the world? Anywhere nearby worth visiting that's cheap?

knulla mig means f*ck me :P

yeah, I live in the southern part of Sweden... Anywhere cheap.. Hmm. I don't know really. Malmo (where I live) is good because it's very close to Copenhagen, so you can visit them both.
joiyua

Postby Rocky » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:23 pm

joiyua wrote:
Rocky wrote:I still don't know what it means though? Joiyua, you're from that part of the world? Anywhere nearby worth visiting that's cheap?

yeah, I live in the southern part of Sweden... Anywhere cheap.. Hmm. I don't know really. Malmo (where I live) is good because it's very close to Copenhagen, so you can visit them both.

Can I stay at your house? :D Mammy joiyua would look after me I'm sure.

I'm not sure if I'm going any more now or not due to lots of different reasons but we'll see I guess
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby vinnychick » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:49 pm

Depending on this Swine Flu pandemic I am supposed to be going to La Paz in the Baja Peninsula end of May.
Anyone been to that neck of the woods?
vinnychick

Postby pigography » Sat May 02, 2009 4:05 am

Rocky wrote:
joiyua wrote:

Can I stay at your house? :D Mammy joiyua would look after me I'm sure.

So would Papa joiyua, especially if you're going around saying 'knulla mig'! :lol:
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Previous

Return to The BellyBoard