My First ...

Moderator: Eoin

My First ...

Postby Mully » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 am

Similar to the Top 5 thread, what were your first (earliest momories) albums, films, gigs etc.

First album I really gave a shit about was GnRs Appetite for Desctruction ... Also my first gig, at Slane. When I decided on going to gigs regularly, I went to see Granddaddy. It was terrible, but I percevered.
First single I bought for myself was Green Day's Basket Case & I remember being on a driving holiday as a kid with only 1 fucking album for the cassette player, Pretty Woman soundtrack. Must have heard it 1 zillion times in that fortnight.

My earliest trip to the cinema was Snow White, but I had to leave early as my little sister was scared of the witch (I was 28 when I finally saw the end !!) .. I also remember a He-man & She-ra film .... My first 18s cinema trip was Pulp Fiction (I was shitting it as I bought my ticket as a 15yr old)
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Re: My First ...

Postby shiv » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:59 am

ok technically i saw boyzone when i was ten......but i tell people bon jovi in the rds was my first concert and the frames in vicar st. (when they recorded "the setlist") was my first gig......

i had absolutely appalling taste in music including mariah carey and the bodyguard soundtrack......i was fairly obsessed with soundtracks for a good chunk of my early teenage years....Forrest Gump introduced me to alot........thank you to my mam for her class record collection, my sister for everything irish and my bro for everything else......

we didn't have a cinema in my town until i was 9 or 10 so trips to the cinema were trips to dublin....one of my earliest memories is the day we went to see Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.....also remember seeing hook though can't remember which was first.....

and for TV....Bosco! And i remember when dustin was zig and zags christmas dinner and how podge scared me to death!!!
shiv

Postby Eoin » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:10 am

First gig I went to was Juniper, Midnight at the Olympia. I was 14 or 15. :) They'd just released Weatherman.
Eoin

Postby Nathalie » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:02 am

first movie was snow white. I don't remember seeing it. maybe because, i've been told, i was hiding behind the seat. i too was scared of the witch. i was 4.
1979: the year i really got into music. I'm 8. First single is Madness, One step beyond. First album, Grease. got it for xmas, from my gran. first music t-shirt: ac/dc. didn't listen to them. just thought it was cool to look like my brothers. :mrgreen:
1987: first gig. Madonna. i'm 16, on my own, surrounded by a human wave of 120000 people.
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby pigography » Sat May 02, 2009 4:00 am

I don't actually remember what my first movie was. How sad is that?
I do remember my first single: Joan Jett and the Blackhearts 'I Love Rock n' Roll'. I bought it because that was the song a boy in the playground sung to me during recess. I was 8. I'm such a sucker for a serenade. :D
My first concert was a one-hit wonder... actually they probably never made it across the pond, so they'd be a one-hit-one-continent wonder: Mister Mister. :lol:
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby vinnychick » Mon May 04, 2009 3:59 pm

Care bears movie I think was the first one I saw in the Cinema :oops:
vinnychick

Postby lilac*mess » Mon May 04, 2009 8:16 pm

vinnychick wrote:Care bears movie I think was the first one I saw in the Cinema :oops:

There was a Care Bear movie? Why did no one tell me?? I think mine was 'King Ralph' with John Goodman. It was crap.

The first album I was given was Jagged Little Pill, which I all but wore out. I had very Alanis-esque hair at the time so I think that may have been as much of an attraction as the music. And the first I bought for myself was Mellon Collie by The Smashing Pumpkins. Still have it, dog-eared though it is. Good times.
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

Postby Rocky » Mon May 04, 2009 9:00 pm

My first film in the cinema was Babe. I remember nothing else
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby pigography » Tue May 05, 2009 7:00 am

Awww BABE! I love that film!... obviously. I bawled my eyes out during that last scene though.
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Rocky » Tue May 05, 2009 11:14 am

I can't even remember what happened in it now. I really do have to watch more childhood movies. I've only seen the Lion King once. And I haven't seen Toy Story in years
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Mully » Tue May 05, 2009 2:54 pm

Rocky wrote:My first film in the cinema was Babe. I remember nothing else

that'll do Rocky. That'll do.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby pigography » Tue May 05, 2009 6:09 pm

Oh Mully, if I had words to make a day for you, I'd sing you a morning, golden and new.
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Mully » Tue May 05, 2009 11:24 pm

pigography wrote:Oh Mully, if I had words to make a day for you, I'd sing you a morning, golden and new.

Thank you, I think ... :?
Mully

Postby pigography » Thu May 07, 2009 4:55 am

Sorry, didn't realize it was a Westlife tune until now.
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Mully » Fri May 08, 2009 12:09 am

pigography wrote:Sorry, didn't realize it was a Westlife tune until now.

A likely story.
Mully

Next

Return to The BellyBoard