Bell X1 to play Australian tour...

Moderator: Eoin

Bell X1 to play Australian tour...

Postby fontana » Sun May 10, 2009 1:26 pm

There you go, lads. I've announced it for you so you get everything organised and get over here and play.

There's plenty of Irish people over here so the "craic" will be "ninety", to be sure, to be sure.

Here's a pic of some Irish people on a typical day out in Melbourne:

While we're on the subject, can we change the subject now?
fontana

Re: Bell X1 to play Australian tour...

Postby Rocky » Sun May 10, 2009 5:40 pm

Nice of you to stop by fontana but no update on what's going on? How's the recession treating ye over there? Should we all mass emigrate? Come on man
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby shiv » Mon May 11, 2009 1:37 am

ok you SERIOUSLY got my hopes there!!!!! that was mean.............

recession isn't as bad as back home i'm guessing but its definitely harder than it should have been........in melbourne now....you still in perth fontana?
shiv

Postby Mully » Mon May 11, 2009 12:26 pm

fontana wrote:.

Here's a pic of some Irish people on a typical day out in Melbourne:

We really shouldn't be let out of the house :oops:
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Mon May 11, 2009 11:49 pm

i find it funny you (irish people) are still surprised by your own level of madness. don't you know yourself by now, or are you still in denial? :wink:
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby pigography » Tue May 12, 2009 4:45 am

Good lord! The guy on the left (the double-fister) is certainly in denial! ...er, I hope that's not fontana, is it? :lol:
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby fontana » Tue May 12, 2009 7:02 am

shiv wrote:ok you SERIOUSLY got my hopes there!!!!! that was mean.............

recession isn't as bad as back home i'm guessing but its definitely harder than it should have been........in melbourne now....you still in perth fontana?

Are you following me? :shock: I'm in Melbourne too! Been here since March, got offered a job here so decided to take it and moved over. Looks like they want me to stay here and take sponsorship with them so looking good at the moment.

Anyway...I'm thinking we should start a petition to get the lads to come over here and play a few gigs. What do you say?

Oh and Rocky, Shiv pretty much summed it up in her post about the recession. It's not as bad as at home but things have definitely slowed down. I know a few people who came over here, couldn't find work and went back home.
fontana

Postby shiv » Wed May 13, 2009 2:28 am

fontana wrote:Anyway...I'm thinking we should start a petition to get the lads to come over here and play a few gigs. What do you say?

AGREED!!!

fontana wrote:I'm in Melbourne too! Been here since March, got offered a job here so decided to take it and moved over. Looks like they want me to stay here and take sponsorship with them so looking good at the moment.

Fair play to you.....yeah i know alot of people who've had to head back aswell.....

Yes i am following you! I arrived in april....got offered a job also and i've got it til mid-july....then i'll move on......i'm only here for the year so want to take in as much as i can! what do you think of melbourne compared to Perth? i miss the weather but theres a great buzz in melbourne!
shiv

Postby fontana » Wed May 13, 2009 6:27 am

shiv wrote:
fontana wrote:Anyway...I'm thinking we should start a petition to get the lads to come over here and play a few gigs. What do you say?

AGREED!!!

fontana wrote:I'm in Melbourne too! Been here since March, got offered a job here so decided to take it and moved over. Looks like they want me to stay here and take sponsorship with them so looking good at the moment.

Fair play to you.....yeah i know alot of people who've had to head back aswell.....

Yes i am following you! I arrived in april....got offered a job also and i've got it til mid-july....then i'll move on......i'm only here for the year so want to take in as much as i can! what do you think of melbourne compared to Perth? i miss the weather but theres a great buzz in melbourne!

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about Perth and Melbourne. The weather is so good in Perth, but it's also a lot more laid back compared to Melbourne. But I like Melbourne, you're right about the buzz. Particularly in around the city on a Friday or Saturday evening. The wether's gotten a lot colder over the last while but still nothing like a winter at home so can't complain too much! :D
fontana

Postby shiv » Sat May 16, 2009 10:51 pm

true........i'm not going to be prepared when i go home......especially as i'll be eventually leaving in the height of summer...sigh! did you catch any of the comedy festival?
shiv

Postby fontana » Sun May 17, 2009 6:45 am

I went to see Des Bishop in Hi-Fi a couple of weeks ago. He was actually very good. I would have liked to go see another few comedians but I didn't get a chance to unfortunately.
fontana

Postby shiv » Sun May 17, 2009 10:38 pm

ok i'm most definitely stalking you....thats who i saw.......

that was the week arrived so didn't get a chance to see anyone else either..........weird!
shiv

Return to The BellyBoard