Stopping by Motorway Services on a Grey Morning

Moderator: Eoin

Stopping by Motorway Services on a Grey Morning

Postby the bellies » Mon May 11, 2009 9:31 am

Stopping by Motorway Services on a Grey Morning.
It was somewhere in Belgium, and when I spoke french to the toilet attendant, he told me that they didn't speak French in that part of the world. He said they spoke Flemish, and that Belgium was divided into two parts. OK.
We don't have a Belgian show on this run, which is a shame. There's a bit of unhinged madness under the calm, orderly exterior here, though you need to dig a little to find it.
Listening to "Woods" by Bon Iver as I write this, tis a feast for the ears.

"Responsible Signalation!" urges the sign on the motorway, somewhere in Germany, during a stretch of very tidy road works

Camden Barfly came together in the end, after a stressedy pants day involving Gavin Tour Manager being stuck on the motorway for 4 hours. So we were mad late and it being the first show of the tour, were a little unformed...

Now in a hotel in suburban Bonn, on the way to Munich. These places always bring to mind some kind of European cinema, where the most ordinary and benign settings hold darkness...maybe that couple over there have been thrown together in a random tragedy...

Yesterday was a day off in Amsterdam. The best of times, the worst of times
the bellies

Re: Stopping by Motorway Services on a Grey Morning

Postby crayonlight » Mon May 11, 2009 2:00 pm

Camden Barfly - came together??? Was bloomin brilliant is what it was! My favourite Bellies gig EVER - and my there have been a few now................. Looking forward to Scala :D
crayonlight

Postby Barbarella » Mon May 11, 2009 7:18 pm

Thanks for the blog update, its lovely (if slightly stalkerish) to hear the ups and downs of being on tour across Europe.

the bellies wrote: There's a bit of unhinged madness under the calm, orderly exterior here, though you need to dig a little to find it.

Sounds a little like my personality…. :roll:

the bellies wrote:Yesterday was a day off in Amsterdam. The best of times, the worst of times

Ah, Amsterdam ~canals, bikes, cafés and …………The Anne Frank Museum. :wink:
Barbarella

Postby evie09 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:22 pm

ah, we love blogging bellies :)
enjoy la belle france this week
evie09

Postby pigography » Tue May 12, 2009 4:41 am

the bellies wrote:Now in a hotel in suburban Bonn, on the way to Munich. These places always bring to mind some kind of European cinema, where the most ordinary and benign settings hold darkness...maybe that couple over there have been thrown together in a random tragedy...

I love how his mind wanders, off on a tangent, a wee daydream. Then you can almost hear the little voice in his head say 'RESPONSIBLE BLOGGING', aaaaaand we're back to their day off in Amsterdam. :lol:
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Nathalie » Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am

when i read "Munich", "european cinema" and "darkness", the only direction my mind took was this one... i guess i won't be writing beautiful songs then, huh? :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadows_and_Fog
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby poohbear » Wed May 13, 2009 12:25 am

Hope one can get the ould latice hotdog with mustard in those foreign service stations - they are truly scrumptious!!! Been a couple of months now since I
've seen you guys any chance of visiting the west of Ireland in the near future? Have fun times on tour.......
poohbear

Postby evie09 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:07 pm

more travelling bellies over on twitter http://twitter.com/BellX1
evie09

Return to The BellyBoard