Gemma Hayes

Moderator: Eoin

Gemma Hayes

Postby littlelamb34 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:32 am

just saw the thread on lisa...just wondering if others are fans of gemma hayes? she's one of my favorite singer/songwriters...probably doesn't as much attention/acclaim as she should. i just saw this new video of hers...there's something so simple and elegant about it...kind of reminds me of that old sinead o'connor video. gemma's a super charismatic performer i think you'll see in this clip..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onDHiQqRbhg

cheers,
julie
littlelamb34

Re: Gemma Hayes

Postby Eoin » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:42 pm

She was around a lot more four or five years ago. I wasn't too pushed about her recent album, but the first two were great. :)

Our own Paul Noonan played some drums for her way back when.
Eoin

Postby Chaz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:23 am

I LOVE Gemma also. I agree that she doesn't get half the acclaim she rightfully deserves. Oliver is an amazing song and has to be one of her best yet. The video is stunning. Simple but breath taking. I'd love to see her live. Along with Cathy Davey I think they are hands down the best female artists in Ireland right now. I would say Lisa Hannigan too but her album totally let me down. I'm sorry to say it but it just wasn't what i hoped it would be.

Anyway, Gemma is fantastic. Glad to see others agree!! :D
I'm like Colombus in India.
Chaz

Postby Rocky » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:51 am

Chaz wrote:I LOVE Gemma also. I agree that she doesn't get half the acclaim she rightfully deserves. Oliver is an amazing song and has to be one of her best yet. The video is stunning. Simple but breath taking. I'd love to see her live. Along with Cathy Davey I think they are hands down the best female artists in Ireland right now. I would say Lisa Hannigan too but her album totally let me down. I'm sorry to say it but it just wasn't what i hoped it would be.

Anyway, Gemma is fantastic. Glad to see others agree!! :D

I haven't given Gemma a chance at all really but what I've heard I've liked a lot. And I'd have to agree about Cathy cos she's freaking awesome. Gonna see Lisa in July (thanks to Lilac) and then I can decide just how good she is
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby lilac*mess » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:33 am

Rocky wrote: Gonna see Lisa in July (thanks to Lilac) and then I can decide just how good she is

Hooray, I'm helpful

:D
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

Postby Rocky » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:43 am

If she does happen to suck though guess who I'm gonna blame
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Nathalie » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:06 pm

Rocky wrote:If she does happen to suck though guess who I'm gonna blame

Lisa herself?
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby lilac*mess » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Rocky wrote:If she does happen to suck though guess who I'm gonna blame

I'm not worried. Won't happen.
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

Return to The BellyBoard