Cluas' top 50 Irish Album of the last Decade

Moderator: Eoin

Cluas' top 50 Irish Album of the last Decade

Postby Mully » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:45 am

Did the Bellies make it ? If so, how many albums .... Find out below.

http://www.cluas.com/poll/best-irish-album-1999-2009/
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
User avatar
Mully
 
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:00 am
Location: mcr, over on the mainland

Re: Cluas' top 50 Irish Album of the last Decade

Postby Nathalie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:35 pm

couldn't have been better than that! very honorary place and just in front of you know who... 8)
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
User avatar
Nathalie
 
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Brian Road, Marino, D3

Re: Cluas' top 50 Irish Album of the last Decade

Postby vinnychick » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:15 pm

Nice :D :D
User avatar
vinnychick
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:41 am
Location: Across the pond

Re: Cluas' top 50 Irish Album of the last Decade

Postby evie09 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:32 pm

good going bellies!

however...hmmm...minor grumble...
I actually DID like JJ72, but even so, 2 JJ72 albums and only one BellX1 ??? Surely some mistake?
evie09
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:02 am

Re: Cluas' top 50 Irish Album of the last Decade

Postby Chaz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:18 am

evie09 wrote:good going bellies!

however...hmmm...minor grumble...
I actually DID like JJ72, but even so, 2 JJ72 albums and only one BellX1 ??? Surely some mistake?


I also liked JJ72 but I agree. Bell x1 should definitely have gotten at least one more album in there. Snow Patrol, The Frames and David Holmes all got two. Not fair. Also think Cathy Davey's "Something Ilk" could've got in there too. And where was Mundy!!! Quite crap but hey, what can u do??
I'm like Colombus in India.
Chaz
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:21 pm
Location: Cavan

Re: Cluas' top 50 Irish Album of the last Decade

Postby Belle » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Mully wrote:Did the Bellies make it ? If so, how many albums .... Find out below.

http://www.cluas.com/poll/best-irish-album-1999-2009/



I've been a very bold Bellies fan of late, only seeing this now :oops:
Still though, a very impressive place for a very impressive album. I'm happy with that :D Thanks for posting Mully.
User avatar
Belle
 
Posts: 1952
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:41 am
Location: all over the shop

Re: Cluas' top 50 Irish Album of the last Decade

Postby Colm » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:20 pm

Belle wrote:
Mully wrote:Did the Bellies make it ? If so, how many albums .... Find out below.

http://www.cluas.com/poll/best-irish-album-1999-2009/



I've been a very bold Bellies fan of late, only seeing this now :oops:
Still though, a very impressive place for a very impressive album. I'm happy with that :D Thanks for posting Mully.


I missed this till now too. Great to see MIM so high, even if there really should be more than one Bellies album there. A decenty list imo, but two U2 albums?! :?
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:23 pm

Re: Cluas' top 50 Irish Album of the last Decade

Postby Funkel81 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:29 pm

mind you, it's only for the last 10 years...


i agree, there should be more than 1 Bell album...and more than Damien Dempsey album...where's Delorentos??
Funkel81
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:28 pm


Return to The BellyBoard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron