New Editors!

Moderator: Eoin

New Editors!

Postby trickster » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:15 pm

Some may disagree but thought this was worthy of its own thread lol

Editors recently played a few festivals and performed new songs from their upcoming alubm "In This Light and On This Evening"

Eat Raw Meat = Blood Drool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIox0EE55wI

Papillion : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6ozn7Y_CD0

The Big Exit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBb3gOYGLhA

Bricks and Mortar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXfiDnUfZmI

After hearing this songs im really excited to hear the new album, its definitely a new sound for them but it sounds fantastic. People over on Editors forum giving the new songs a resounding thumbs up from the looks of it anyway.

Eat Raw Meat..... sounds absolutely terrific even listening to it on a youtube vid. Papillion definitely sounds like it could be a single.

What do other Editors fans think?
"I'm love me, love me, love me, i'm a small bit of a prick, i got the meat sweats from this real politic"
trickster

Re: New Editors!

Postby pigography » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:50 am

What a surprise to find an Eds thread on the Bellyboard! :D

Papillon is still my favourite, just edging out Bricks and Mortar and Eat Raw Meat. I've only listened to The Big Exit a couple of times, and sadly it hasn't made much of a big impression on me... yet. I'm still holding final judgment until I hear all the recorded versions though.

I'm really happy with the direction they've taken as I think it'll round out their live shows; we'll get a fantastic mix of guitar-driven songs from The Back Room, to some piano-y tunes from An End Has A Start, to the new electronic/synth ones from In This Light and On This Evening.

I cannot wait for the new album -- oh wait, yes I can, or rather yes I have to. September 21st release date! I may spontaneously explode by then!
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby trickster » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:41 am

"In This Light and On This Evening's" tracklist.

1. IN THIS LIGHT AND ON THIS EVENING
2. BRICKS AND MORTAR
3. PAPILLON
4. YOU DON'T KNOW LOVE
5. THE BIG EXIT
6. THE BOXER
7. LIKE TREASURE
8. EAT RAW MEAT=BLOOD DROOL
9. WALK THE FLEET ROAD

- First single will be "Papillon"
- Despite rumours of "Walk The Fleet Road" being renamed from the already heard live song "No Sound But The Wind", it seems it is not and has been left off the album.

REALLY, REALLY looking forward to this :D
"I'm love me, love me, love me, i'm a small bit of a prick, i got the meat sweats from this real politic"
trickster

Postby trickster » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Phantom Fm were the first radio station in the world yesterday to play Editors new single "Papillon"

........and i missed it :(

Zane Lowe wont be too happy about this as he was supposed to have the premiere on Monday 24th. I suppose the chances of anyone here having listened to it and recorded it would be slim?
trickster

Postby Gowayanshite » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:39 pm

Hmmm.. i likes it.. must get tickets for their gig... hmm... must get money... hmm.. must get a job... hmmmmm....
Gowayanshite

Postby Bronagh » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:10 am

They are playing in Belfast at St.Georges Market on 7th October, I would of absolutely loved to attend but unfortunately I'll be away in Rome getting married.
"Man i'll be so wasted that i'll be like, 'man im so bombed here man .. high five dude??' And then cats will high-five me and i'll be like 'Totally man, totally .. you any fegs?'."
Bronagh

Postby trickster » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:54 pm

Got tickets for October 8th gig in the Olympia :D

By the way 30 seconds snippets of every song (including the bonus EP "Cuttings 2") can be heard on iTunes.co.uk

Hard to tell anything from 30 seconds but "You Dont Know Love" sounds like it could be amazing.
trickster

Postby aoife05 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:00 pm

I heard the end of their new song the other day and at first I thought it was Interpol.
"It's not a gig, it's a focus group. "- Paul Noonan
aoife05

Postby Mully » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Bronagh wrote:They are playing in Belfast at St.Georges Market on 7th October, I would of absolutely loved to attend but unfortunately I'll be away in Rome getting married.

Picked up my ticket today. For the gig, not your wedding :wink:
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Return to The BellyBoard