Ye Olde Videos

Moderator: Eoin

Ye Olde Videos

Postby the bellies » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:35 pm

We've uploaded our first music videos to our YouTube site

Pinball Machine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpFfblif0HA

Man on Mir http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tguhPXK5 ... annel_page

Oh those were younger days, when we'd roam free, reading poetry books stained with the drips from buttered crumpets...
the bellies

Re: Ye Olde Videos

Postby Colm » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Great stuff. I'd heard there was a video for Man On Mir, but that's the first time I've seen it. A De Lorean at the start, no less?! :o
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby joiyua » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:49 pm

I hadn't seen it either :) they all look so young, hehe
joiyua

Postby Mully » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:31 pm

Colm wrote:Great stuff. I'd heard there was a video for Man On Mir, but that's the first time I've seen it. A De Lorean at the start, no less?! :o

Great Scott !!

Yeah, I've only seen the stills from the video, first time seeing it. Smithfield looks so quaint ... No foreigners, just ponies for sale :wink:
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby pigography » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:27 am

Mully wrote:
Colm wrote:Great stuff. I'd heard there was a video for Man On Mir, but that's the first time I've seen it. A De Lorean at the start, no less?! :o

Great Scott !!

Did you hit your head on the toilet seat whilst hanging a clock?

Aye, them younger days, you were all babes. :D
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby shiv » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:04 am

I knew it existed! Thanks boys!!!
shiv

Postby Rocky » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:33 am

Anyone else think the lads got just a little bit more fun and are taking themselves a little bit less seriously since then?
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Nathalie » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:27 am

Mully wrote:Smithfield looks so quaint ... No foreigners, just ponies for sale :wink:

i feel real old because i remember Smithfield at a time there wasn't those big lights and you could still buy food in some derelic place (where that steamy hot gym is now Mully :wink:).
must have been fun to have them all playing up in that tiny Jameson tower. and wondering if the delorean is the one i used to see park up the road. a real D7 video. me like it!

and Brian looks soooooo.... mmmm... :D
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Gowayanshite » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:34 am

This is amazing.. Paul's hair is so hot right now.. and by right now I mean back then..
Gowayanshite

Postby Barbarella » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:53 am

Nathalie wrote:
Mully wrote:Smithfield looks so quaint ... No foreigners, just ponies for sale :wink:

i feel real old because i remember Smithfield at a time there wasn't those big lights and you could still buy food in some derelic place (where that steamy hot gym is now Mully :wink:).

I know!! My mam grew up on Murtagh Road which is just up a little from Stoneybatter and Smithfield so I spent most of my childhood around there. It was totally different, fruit, veg and horse markets instead of ice rinks and trendy lighting...

Loving the old videos, great to actually see the Man on Mir video after seeing it live in Cork (even though I gave out stink abou that night....in retrospect it was actually quite good. Sorry! :oops: )
Barbarella

Postby evie09 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:53 pm

omg as the kids say, this will teach me to not log on to the bellyboard for 2 months!

YOU FOUND IT YOU GENIUS MEN, whose sofa was it down the back of?

I've been trying to get my hands on the man on mir one for yonks, it was a formative bellies experience for me!
evie09

Return to The BellyBoard