We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Moderator: Eoin

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby fontana » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:16 am

shiv wrote:its not worth it believe me! anyway at least i don't have to look at the posters anymore...start work in the desert tomorrow for 3 months.....just me, my IPOD, a shoddy discman and a bunch of CD's my sis sent me from home.....good times 8)

Ah so you're going for your 2nd year visa then? Where you doing your agricultural work?
While we're on the subject, can we change the subject now?
fontana

Postby shiv » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 am

Its strange but this place doesn't count towards the 2nd year visa...probably because its technically a "resort" in that it has motel rooms and a restaurant but really its a basic roadhouse with massive tours on their way to ayres rock......i'm about 3 hours outside of alice springs and i'm here to make the money i need to travel straight for 2 months before i have to go home.....i saved nothing in the cities!
what about you? you think you'll get sponsorship and not need an extension...still in melbourne?
shiv

Postby fontana » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:45 pm

shiv wrote:Its strange but this place doesn't count towards the 2nd year visa...probably because its technically a "resort" in that it has motel rooms and a restaurant but really its a basic roadhouse with massive tours on their way to ayres rock......i'm about 3 hours outside of alice springs and i'm here to make the money i need to travel straight for 2 months before i have to go home.....i saved nothing in the cities!
what about you? you think you'll get sponsorship and not need an extension...still in melbourne?

Ah, rite so. So I take it your visa is nearly up then?

I'm heading home next Thursday, just for a two week hol. One of best friends is getting married and I'm a groomsman at the wedding, promised him I'd be home for that. My sponsorhsip is in the process of being done. By which I mean, the MD rang me on Wednesday to say she hadn't started the process yet and was getting straight on to it :?

As you prob know, you can only work for one company for 6 months on a working visa. My 6 months with my company would be up at the start of September. But, I can get an extension since I'll be waiting for my sponsorship to be processed.

I think leaving after being home for 2 weeks is going to be one of the hardest things I'll ever have to do. I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone again that I'm afraid I might bottle getting on the plane back over here. When I was leaving originally, I went with my sis and her boyfriend so at least I had people I knew with me and wasn't going on my own. This time I'll be leaving on my own with nobody there to hold my hand once I step on to the plane :shock: :shock: :cry:
While we're on the subject, can we change the subject now?
fontana

Postby shiv » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:18 am

Ah you'll be grand.....i've met alot of people and all that jazz but i did all of this on my own! it's been good coz i can up and leave and just go where i want....but i don't want to do it for another year....i knew i'd have to slog it just to save for my flight home so i had to make a choice to actually see this country and use the return flight i booke...i know now that i don't want to settle here so no point sticking around for another year....
This job enables me to work for 3 months and save ALOT so that i will see everything else i want to see here for 2 months....i'd say i'll take another year out after i go home in january and maybe try new zealand later next year depending on the economic situation of course!

we'll see.....

good luck with that sponsorship.....they won't be giving out alot after december....there are alot of rumours flying about!!!
shiv

Previous

Return to The BellyBoard