We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Moderator: Eoin

We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby the bellies » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Hey

So we take the stage in Croke Park Dublin on Monday at 6.30pm, before handing over to our special guests, U2

We think we'll be OK if we keep our shape and take control of the midfield for the first 30 minutes
the bellies
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:14 pm

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby Nathalie » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:50 pm

wishing you all the best! must be something special to play at the Croker. wish i was there too though. :(
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
User avatar
Nathalie
 
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Brian Road, Marino, D3

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby Redgrelda » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:17 pm

Maybe Bono will be kind enough to prepare a pot of tea for you guys to share when you're done performing. Gotta make some use out of the man right?
User avatar
Redgrelda
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:20 am
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby Rocky » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:44 pm

Redgrelda wrote:Maybe Bono will be kind enough to prepare a pot of tea for you guys to share when you're done performing. Gotta make some use out of the man right?


He is some form of a demi-god after all and not a complete annoying twat...
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
User avatar
Rocky
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:43 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby Redgrelda » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:50 am

I know, Rocky. I was just being a smart ass.
User avatar
Redgrelda
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:20 am
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby aoife05 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:48 am

Demi-god or semi-god?!!

Apparently the shows are meant to be spectacular! Monday is gonna be amazing...Wish I was going...
"It's not a gig, it's a focus group. "- Paul Noonan
aoife05
 
Posts: 1852
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:25 pm
Location: Galway/ Limerick

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby Rocky » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:38 am

Redgrelda wrote:I know, Rocky. I was just being a smart ass.


So was I :wink:
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
User avatar
Rocky
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:43 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby pigography » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:04 am

the bellies wrote:So we take the stage in Croke Park Dublin on Monday at 6.30pm, before handing over to our special guests, U2

Yes, it's always good form to show your guests how things are done. :D
Have fun! x
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
User avatar
pigography
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: On the wrong incline - Toronto

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby starstrucksinead » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:05 pm

Congrats on a great support slot last night at u2! I was the crazy fan in the hogan stand singing along to all the songs and cheering!

A few new Bellx1 fans were found last night! A guy came up to me and asked who they were cos he liked what he was hearing and I looked like a fan. He thought they'd get a few new fans last night. Woo Hoo! I wished more people knew who they were around me although by the end of the set they were really sitting up and taking notice of the great music coming from the stage! It sounded great up in the stands even though I know there were a few tech probs.

It must be annoying having to re-introduce the band to new fans but still it was a great opportunity to play to U2 fans. I wished Bell x1 were the support just before U2 and that the Script weren't in between! I can't wait to see Bellx1 live soon again. It was weird to go from the intimacy of Vicar street to way way back in Croke Park but I still enjoyed the Greatest Hits set.

A great gig and night!
starstrucksinead
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:32 am

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby Nathalie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:51 am

have to say, i was a bit gutted to realise the Script were playing after the bellies. i mean, it should have gone in age and career length order. first the newbies, then our young and viril men and then the grandads... non?
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
User avatar
Nathalie
 
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Brian Road, Marino, D3

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby Mully » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:01 pm

Nathalie wrote:have to say, i was a bit gutted to realise the Script were playing after the bellies. i mean, it should have gone in age and career length order. first the newbies, then our young and viril men and then the grandads... non?


Flavour of the month I suppose ... I'm no fan, but they've a much higher profile than The Bellies, Main stage at Glastonbury FFS.

My uncle was asking me if I knew how to get Script tickets for the Olympia as it was sold out, all 5 nights. He was gutted to miss out as he saw supporting Take That. I didn't have the heart to tell him the Olympia gigs were over14s & he'd be surrounded by young screaming girls with not a drop of grog to be had at it.

I was intrigued to see that for him (Mr. 1 gig a year man) paying €28 to see The Script was a bargain price. A bargain.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
User avatar
Mully
 
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:00 am
Location: mcr, over on the mainland

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby Rocky » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:53 pm

My main problem with The Script is that their latest offering is called Before the worst. I'm not looking forward to hearing their worst...
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
User avatar
Rocky
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:43 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby Colm » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:59 pm

Rocky wrote:My main problem with The Script is that their latest offering is called Before the worst. I'm not looking forward to hearing their worst...


:lol: I shudder to think.

There's a few decent videos from Croker on YouTube. This one has clips of Rocky, Eve, TGD and Flame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lMxZ0kR6GU
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:23 pm

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby Nathalie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:25 pm

Mully wrote:
Nathalie wrote:have to say, i was a bit gutted to realise the Script were playing after the bellies. i mean, it should have gone in age and career length order. first the newbies, then our young and viril men and then the grandads... non?


Flavour of the month I suppose ... I'm no fan, but they've a much higher profile than The Bellies, Main stage at Glastonbury FFS.


they're also supporting McCartney in NY in a couple of weeks. they're doing very well for themselves i guess... still, our bellies deserve so much more!! is it down to production? big vs independent?
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
User avatar
Nathalie
 
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Brian Road, Marino, D3

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby Mully » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:59 am

Nathalie wrote:
Mully wrote:
Nathalie wrote:have to say, i was a bit gutted to realise the Script were playing after the bellies. i mean, it should have gone in age and career length order. first the newbies, then our young and viril men and then the grandads... non?


Flavour of the month I suppose ... I'm no fan, but they've a much higher profile than The Bellies, Main stage at Glastonbury FFS.


they're also supporting McCartney in NY in a couple of weeks. they're doing very well for themselves i guess... still, our bellies deserve so much more!! is it down to production? big vs independent?


Luck, cannot be emphasised enough in the music business.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
User avatar
Mully
 
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:00 am
Location: mcr, over on the mainland

Next

Return to The BellyBoard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron