We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Moderator: Eoin

Re: We play at 6.30pm on Monday

Postby pigography » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:22 pm

Who the fig are the Script?
I've never heard of them... and apparently I'm not missing much from everyone's opinions.
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Nathalie » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:10 pm

A newly famous Dublin band. pleasant enough pop i guess. they're just a bit too big too quickly for others in the business on the emerald island to be slightly disgusted i'd say. or maybe not. and for the little story, the singer's brother is my brother-in-law. not for too long anymore tho. :|

http://www.myspace.com/thescript
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:23 pm

Nathalie wrote:A newly famous Dublin band. pleasant enough pop i guess. they're just a bit too big too quickly for others in the business on the emerald island to be slightly disgusted i'd say. or maybe not. and for the little story, the singer's brother is my brother-in-law. not for too long anymore tho. :|

http://www.myspace.com/thescript

I think alot of the good old fashioned Irish cynicism has to do with,

Mark and Danny were formerly part of a band that had formed in 1996 called MyTown. They achieved limited success in Ireland and the UK but were overshadowed by the thriving boyband circuit.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Clare 74 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:55 pm

I was at the U2 gig on Monday. I'd not heard of Bell X1 before so really didn't know what to expect... I was really impressed and definately thought they should have been on after the Script (so bored after 2 songs, which I thought was the same one over and over). I'll definately be looking out for Bell X1 again... Thanks for a great time :)
Clare 74

Postby shiv » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:35 am

My mum was at the gig and is now a fan....i'm very proud!

the script are getting really big in OZ....they're doing a tour here in October and the posters are all over Melbourne!!!!! :|
shiv

Postby fontana » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:56 am

shiv wrote:My mum was at the gig and is now a fan....i'm very proud!

the script are getting really big in OZ....they're doing a tour here in October and the posters are all over Melbourne!!!!! :|

:evil: :evil: :evil:

*Gets tempted to rant about aussies again*
While we're on the subject, can we change the subject now?
fontana

Postby shiv » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:22 pm

its not worth it believe me! anyway at least i don't have to look at the posters anymore...start work in the desert tomorrow for 3 months.....just me, my IPOD, a shoddy discman and a bunch of CD's my sis sent me from home.....good times 8)
shiv

Postby Nathalie » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:02 pm

The dingo stole my baby...

fair play to you shiv. i wouldn't take such a job. maybe i've seen too many horror movies of people in a desert attacked by the local psycho...
Nathalie

Postby Rocky » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:48 pm

Nathalie wrote:The dingo stole my baby...

fair play to you shiv. i wouldn't take such a job. maybe i've seen too many horror movies of people in a desert attacked by the local psycho...

I'd be curious to know the names of some of them Nat
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Denise » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:46 pm

Anybody have the set list from the show at Croke?
Denise

Postby Mully » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:22 am

Denise wrote:Anybody have the set list from the show at Croke?

http://d3007956.u101.hosting365.ie/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4712
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:56 am

Rocky wrote:
Nathalie wrote:The dingo stole my baby...

I'd be curious to know the names of some of them Nat

Why do i feel you sound dubious on that one? You don't believe old me was religiously watching horror movies every saturday night on the first cable channel back "home"? well, i did. do i remember the titles? Absolutely not. that was more than 20 years ago! :? more recently though, i'm thinking of Aja's The hill has eyes (or something like that). And i have Choppper coming to my mind too. although that's not horrible but just psycho. :lol:
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:07 pm

You only have to have a look of the recent hash of 70s remakes ... Kids in car. Car breaks down. Kids call to house for help.

My Bloody Valentine, The Uninvited, Friday the 13th, The Last House on the Left, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Jeepers Creepers etc

Wolf Creek is the obvious Aussie outback slasher film. For a fun take on the 'alone in the cabin' films, try Evil Dead II ...
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Amityville remains the ultimate scarry movie to me. Maybe because my oldest brother had the poster in his bedroom. Those 2 rooms lightened up... :?

Nathalie

Postby Mully » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Nathalie wrote:Amityville remains the ultimate scarry movie to me. Maybe because my oldest brother had the poster in his bedroom. Those 2 rooms lightened up... :?

'Poltergeist' for me as a kid ... & I remember 'The Gate' I think it was called. I think it had a very young Stephen Dorff or Christian Slater in it. The gates to Hell open up in his back garden, as they do. I'm sure the stop-motion antimation looks terrible today, but to the little young me & my pillow it was a different story.

I could never manage a zombie film ... too gory for me, but I did finally get around to see Romaro's '... of the Dead' films a few yrs ago. The early 80s one in the shopping mall is fantastic.
Mully

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard