Eve (The Apple Of My Eye)
Great Defector
Tongue
Flame
Duane

Re: Setlist for U2 Support Slot

Postby Nathalie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Nice choice.
but again, how did it go? were a lot of the crowd there? what was the response?
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Duane » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:17 pm

the stands were fairly empty but the pitch was packed to the front.. got a great response, gave a bit more of an Irish feel to the gig...

Paul made a few jokes about playing in football pitch... Tongue was rocking! Better than I've ever seen it, it surprised the crowd who thought they were just a poprock band..

Flame & Defector obviously got good reactions..

Paul took out his camera and took a video of the crowd and said to look out for it on YouTube
Duane

Postby Maartje » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:24 pm

Gig was great, but unfortunately there was a bit of technical difficulty during their performance. As Paul said: "I know it's not a great time to have a technical problem now, but we have one!" It didn't really effect the show but can imagine they were annoyed. Technical problems seem to continue for The Script as well as for U2, both bands had a guitar not working or a microphone problem. Was it just me or did Bono actually had a problem with his voice towards the end of the gig? He seemed a bit raspy when he talked and didn't hit the high notes anymore in the last few songs as well as he was hardly singing at all during the last 2 songs! It was the audiance! Have to say though, it was an absolute great night, one of my favourite gigs ever! (The whole night, Bell x1, The Script and U2)
Maartje

Return to The BellyBoard