Jobe - The shadow in the sky

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Jobe - The shadow in the sky

Postby pigography » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:33 pm

I'm banking on the fact that in 3 months time, you'll have a new batch of tunes, record a new album, a couple of the tunes will get snatched up by an American TV programmer, they'll get used on some megahit tween show and both albums will skyrocket - you won't be able to press them fast enough and by that time I'll already have the 2 albums worth MILLIONS! MILLIONS I TELL THEE! Mwahaha!
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Dec » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:15 pm

Them 'merican telly shows are fierce wicked but there's no better way to sell a song. We're hoping that or a mobile phone ad. The darkest, saddest mobile phone ad ever made. We're working on getting the CD into shops other than Road Records but the recession has not been kind to the indie record stores...

Anyway, yes. Buy The shadow in the sky, the album critics are already calling "The shadow in the sky".
Dec

Postby Eoin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:40 am

I added an online music player for those too lazy even for the free download. :)
Eoin

Postby peepingtom » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:25 pm

Eoin wrote:I added an online music player for those too lazy even for the free download. :)

downloading now cheers

dont know if you have thought about putting this on a torrent or not ... could save you money in bandwidth fees, and help promote the album by using a site like http://www.mininova.org
__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Postby Dec » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:41 pm

Might not be a bad idea. Torrents are the way of the future, after all.
Dec

Postby pigography » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:32 pm

Dec wrote:The darkest, saddest mobile phone ad ever made.

:lol:
Are mobile phone adverts that lucrative over there?
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Eoin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:04 pm

peepingtom wrote:downloading now cheers

dont know if you have thought about putting this on a torrent or not ... could save you money in bandwidth fees, and help promote the album by using a site like http://www.mininova.org

Bandwidth is surprisingly cheap. It crossed my mind to make a torrent alright but I'm not sure there'd be enough initial interest to keep it seeding. I might give it a shot next week and see how it goes. Hope you like it, anyway, thanks for downloading. It's probably not an album to everyone's taste. To put it euphemistically.
Eoin

Postby Eoin » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:37 pm

Eh, so... how do I make a torrent that actually works?
Eoin

Postby Rocky » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Eoin wrote:Eh, so... how do I make a torrent that actually works?

oh shit Eoin doesn't know something to do with technology. Run for the hills. We're all doomed. Won't somebody please think of the children etc...
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Eoin » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:10 pm

I spent the last two weeks learning HTML, CSS, and bits and pieces of javascripts and Flash. My brain needs a damn rest. :P
Eoin

Postby Peter » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Dec wrote:Them 'merican telly shows are fierce wicked but there's no better way to sell a song. We're hoping that or a mobile phone ad. The darkest, saddest mobile phone ad ever made. We're working on getting the CD into shops other than Road Records but the recession has not been kind to the indie record stores...

Anyway, yes. Buy The shadow in the sky, the album critics are already calling "The shadow in the sky".

Have you tried contacting radio stations and particular radio shows? Phantom FM or the lad who took over from Tom Dunne on Today FM or that American girl who likes to play stuff from smaller Irish bands. Some of the tracks would be pretty 'alternative-radio friendly'. Track 5 Haze would be a good one to release for radio play.

BTW - Really like the album Eoin, you did an absolutely terrific job.
Peter

Postby Dec » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Peter wrote:
Dec wrote:Them 'merican telly shows are fierce wicked but there's no better way to sell a song. We're hoping that or a mobile phone ad. The darkest, saddest mobile phone ad ever made. We're working on getting the CD into shops other than Road Records but the recession has not been kind to the indie record stores...

Have you tried contacting radio stations and particular radio shows? Phantom FM or the lad who took over from Tom Dunne on Today FM or that American girl who likes to play stuff from smaller Irish bands. Some of the tracks would be pretty 'alternative-radio friendly'. Track 5 Haze would be a good one to release for radio play.

BTW - Really like the album Eoin, you did an absolutely terrific job.

This is in progress. Not sure how receptive they'll be to a CD arriving cold, but we'll give it a shot. I agree about Haze- though I reckon Unfeeling would also work well!
Dec

Postby peepingtom » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:16 am

Eoin wrote:Eh, so... how do I make a torrent that actually works?

you'll need to have a torrent program like bittorrent first of all .... then go to mininova.org and go to the upload section ... I cant get it in work so cant give you step by step im afraid
__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Postby peepingtom » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:38 am

p.s very impressed with the album .... the arrangements are fantastic. Well done!
peepingtom

Postby Dec » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:30 am

Now available via torrent:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/2835749

If you do download via this method, please remember to seed!
Dec

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard