Portlaoise Date??

Moderator: Eoin

Portlaoise Date??

Postby stoptherock » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:52 pm

Please confirm the rumours are true that BellX1 have a date scheduled in Portlaoise ?? It would be SAVAGE!!!!!!
stoptherock

Re: Portlaoise Date??

Postby Colm » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:25 pm

Just noticed this:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180043 ... norcatid=1

I read somewhere that the lads have a gig coming up in Castlebar as well, so what are the chances of an Irish tour around the end of October?
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Mully » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:02 pm

http://hotpress.com/Bell%20X1/news/Bell ... 04807.html

Following on from their stunning Main Stage set, and an equally great turn in the Hot Press Chatroom, the boys are also heading to the Heritage Hotel, Portlaoise (October 22); Royal Theatre, Castlebar (25); and Olympia, Dublin (November 27). The last on the list goes on sale on Thursday, price to be confirmed.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby joiyua » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Yay!
Only problem is that I don't have an Irish credit card, and I can't use my Swedish card cause then they'll send the ticket to Sweden... Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the tickets on the phone or somewhere else? Or could someone please buy one ticket to me, and then I'll give you money for it, of course..? :(
joiyua

Postby Colm » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:45 pm

Mully wrote:http://hotpress.com/Bell%20X1/news/Bell%20X1%20confirm%20Irish%20shows/5804807.html

Following on from their stunning Main Stage set, and an equally great turn in the Hot Press Chatroom, the boys are also heading to the Heritage Hotel, Portlaoise (October 22); Royal Theatre, Castlebar (25); and Olympia, Dublin (November 27). The last on the list goes on sale on Thursday, price to be confirmed.

Great stuff, thanks. :D
I'll hopefully get to the Olympia, if funds allow. So many gigs announced today.
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Oscar » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:00 pm

That was a beautiful beautiful version of Rocky
Oscar

Postby lilac*mess » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:37 pm

joiyua wrote:Yay!
Only problem is that I don't have an Irish credit card, and I can't use my Swedish card cause then they'll send the ticket to Sweden... Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the tickets on the phone or somewhere else? Or could someone please buy one ticket to me, and then I'll give you money for it, of course..? :(

I'm sure even if you use your swedish card you can get it sent to your irish address, they usually give the option to send somewhere else. Or you should be able to get an e-ticket and just print it out at home.

I wondered about this myself though, isn't there somewhere you can go and buy tickets in person in Dublin? HMV or Road or something? Must be. Or do ticketmaster have some sinister monopoly?
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

Postby Mully » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:27 am

[quote="lilac*mess"]
I'm sure even if you use your swedish card you can get it sent to your irish address, they usually give the option to send somewhere else. Or you should be able to get an e-ticket and just print it out at home.

I wondered about this myself though, isn't there somewhere you can go and buy tickets in person in Dublin? HMV or Road or something? Must be. Or do ticketmaster have some sinister monopoly?[/quote]

TM have an outlet in the shopping centres at Stephens Green & Jervis.

In Stephens Green, as you walk in the main entrance, there is an escalator in front of you. Walk behind the escalator on the right hand side.

In Jervis, its on the mezzanine, above Argos & beside a Juice Bar. If you enter via the escalator from Jervis Luas stop, you can't miss it.

Road are generally good for Bellies tickets ... I doubt the lads are quite in the 'gone in 60secs' market just yet. You should be happily able to buy in person.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby joiyua » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Ah, great. I'll try that then! Thank you :D
joiyua

Postby Rocky » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:35 pm

I think joiyua was checking to see if we trusted her enough to buy her a ticket in the hope she'd pay back
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby joiyua » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:24 pm

hahah, of course ;)

nah, just want to make sure that I'll get a ticket :)
joiyua

Postby bstatic » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi, I couldn't find a contact section on the main site.
I am in a band who would be interested in supporting bell x 1 at their Portlaoise date on the upcoming tour.
Is there a contact email available?
Who organised the gigs? MCD?

Thanks
bstatic

Postby Mully » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Send a PM to either 'the bellies' or 'merchgirl' ...

Good luck.
Mully

Postby stoptherock » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:07 pm

Got my ticktets for Portlaoise , can't wait for the show. why would you travel all the way to Dublin!! :D
stoptherock

Return to The BellyBoard