YouTube videos

Moderator: Eoin

YouTube videos

Postby love&shrapnel » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:48 pm

Hi there, long time fan, first time poster. Just wanted to say 'howdy' and let y'all know that I posted some videos from the Ann Arbor, Michigan show on Thursday, on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/vitaminj7

It was my first time seeing them and they were amazing! Like a few of my favorite, criminally under appreciated bands, it feels bittersweet seeing them play at a dive bar in a college town. While it breaks my heart and blows my mind that the boys aren't bzillionaires, selling out huge venues all over the country, I also feel incredibly lucky and privileged to have seen them in such an intimate setting - it feels magical having them as your little secret. I brought a few new recruits (who were blown away) so hopefully their next time around it'll be packed and/or at a bigger, better venue.

Anyhows, just wanted to share the videos (I've always appreciated other people's clips and living vicariously through them). They're not too shabby, if I do say so myself. I've finally learned not to sing along while filming (trust me, nobody needs to hear that) but still working on trying not to dance, sway, or bop around too much. So, my apologies for any unsteady camera work. Enjoy :)

Cheers, Jessi
love&shrapnel

Re: YouTube videos

Postby Eoin » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Thanks for posting the vids! And welcome to the forum. :)
Eoin

Postby Dec » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:40 pm

You have done well, New Member.
Dec

Postby love&shrapnel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:11 pm

Thanks, guys...glad to be here & thanks for having me. :)
Just spreading the love. And I think it's working - I brought some friends to the show last week and they LOVED em! And I think I even convinced a stranger to go see em. I posted my youtube link on the forum of another band I dig, and a member who had seen them last year (where I guess the crowd was quite rowdy and talkative) posted this: "I wasn't going to see them next month (just can't stand the drunk fans), but just watching your vids makes me wanna brave it. Thanks for sharing!" Yay! Success! :D
love&shrapnel

Postby leftofthestage » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 pm

that is so cool!!!! i love recruiting new people and it's actually so easy, just get them to listen and the rest follows....also terrible trouble controlling the singing along while recording thing...must remember it's for the greater good....a little dance adds to the atmosphere though i think!! :wink:
leftofthestage

Postby Colm » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:34 pm

Great vids, thanks. They played White Water Song! :)
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby love&shrapnel » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:29 am

Uh-oh, y'all, I got a fever, and the only prescription is more Bell X1. Maybe cause there was some cowbell at the last show ;)
I'm filling my prescription at the San Francisco show. Anyone else going? Last gig of the U.S. tour - I suspect it'll be a crackin' one!
love&shrapnel

Return to The BellyBoard