Bell X Onsies

Moderator: Eoin

Bell X Onsies

Postby Mully » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:05 pm

http://bellx1.com/shop/onesie.htm

Where is the Adult size ?
You're missing a huge gap in the market ... or so I hear, ahem.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Re: Bell X Onsies

Postby merch » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:57 pm

Oh Mully... We choose for that gap to be there and stay there... For ever, and ever, and ever, and ever... and ever.
i'm loving the merch, me
merch

Postby peepingtom » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:26 pm

20 quid for a fucking baby grow? Have you just come out of a 4 year coma?
__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Postby Mully » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:27 pm

merch wrote:Oh Mully... We choose for that gap to be there and stay there... For ever, and ever, and ever, and ever... and ever.

Its purely a comfort thing you understand ... With these nights closing in ... Curled up on the couch, Bellie onsie on, Bellie Teapot by my side, having my Bellie tickled.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Oh cute. now, i just have to have another baby.

and PT, stop being such a scabby grumpy new dad! yes, it might be expensive compared to 4 babygrows for 6 euros in Penneys. but life needs its frivolous side! i love that onesie (for babies only indeed)!
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby peepingtom » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:31 am

Nathalie wrote:Oh cute. now, i just have to have another baby.

and PT, stop being such a scabby grumpy new dad! yes, it might be expensive compared to 4 babygrows for 6 euros in Penneys. but life needs its frivolous side! i love that onesie (for babies only indeed)!

or 4 for 4.50 in tesco ..... anyway best of luck, i'm sure there are still a few mugs out there that have money to burn
__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Postby Mully » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:58 am

MUGS !!!

Of course, the next logical step on from the Teapot.

Merchgirl, get on it !
Mully

Postby peepingtom » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:36 pm

:D It could just read;

I
AM
A
MUG

€20 sounds about fair
peepingtom

Postby merch » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:06 pm

Oh PT... I'm sorry you feel this way. I feel compelled to explain!

First of all, the price of the onesie is not 20 euro. It is 15 euro, and you pay for packaging and postage on top. 18.50 in total.

Secondly, we try and calculate merchandise prices as fairly as possible. When deciding a retail price for a garment or merchandise item, we need to factor in various costs. I'm talking garment prices, design costs, printing costs, packaging costs and postage. You add up all these costs, divide them by the amount of garments. Hey presto, expense per unit. We do add a slim margin for handling. I have bills to pay too.

For your information, we use a high quality garment manufacturer, with excellent ethical and environmental credentials. But this comes at a price which is higher than the Primarks and Tescos of this world charge. Further explanation here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2007/jul/16/supermarkets.retail2

Finally, when you buy a Bell X1 merchandise item, you buy an exclusively designed item with limited availability. And you support a band you love. I hope.

Anyway. You might still not agree with me, but there you have it. An explanation of sorts.
i'm loving the merch, me
merch

Postby lilac*mess » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:13 pm

Aw bless you :D PT's just a tight Yorkshireman, ignore him.
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

Postby evie09 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Did anyone see the Irish Times magazines 'What's Hot' section this morning??? go look! ha ha ha!!! :D
evie09

Postby peepingtom » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:59 am

lilac*mess wrote:Aw bless you :D PT's just a tight Yorkshireman, ignore him.

I like to describe myself as 'frugal' :)

In reply to merch .... if I cant buy this item in the shops or from any other location without paying postage (and I do not have to pay to get into (gig venues)) then 18.50 is the price (not 15.00) ... ok its not 20, but its near as damnit.

I'm not suggesting you're not right to make a profit, but lets be serious, if you cant sell a printed babygrow for a lot less than this, your costs are too high ... simple as that.

Re: the quality and 'ethical' sourcing etc .... if im buying clothes for myself, i want quality that will last. If im buying for my 4 week old son I want cheap.

There are 2 main reasons for this:

1. Children come at an high enough cost without spending this sort of money on a baby grow that he will grow out of in 3 months.

2. If you have children (not trying to be the condescending new dad here cos its all new to me) you will know that while they look cute enough to eat, their shit not only stinks, it also ruins baby grows!

I'm not even sure why I spent the last 10 mins agruing my point to be honest ... I wont be buying one, and dont expect you to drop the prices because of one person who is sick of being ripped off. Again you may feel you are only making a small margin, but all of these 'small margins' add up.
peepingtom

Postby Eoin » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Dude, it's a novelty item, not a practical one. People will get it so they can put it on their baby when friends visit, or to take adorable photos etc. Anyone buying it knows the risks involved. :P
Eoin

Postby peepingtom » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Eoin wrote:Dude, it's a novelty item, not a practical one. People will get it so they can put it on their baby when friends visit, or to take adorable photos etc. Anyone buying it knows the risks involved. :P

Eoin 'the voice of reason' Madsen strikes again :)
peepingtom

Postby Mully » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:07 pm

merch wrote:
For your information, we use a high quality garment manufacturer, with excellent ethical and environmental credentials. But this comes at a price which is higher than the Primarks and Tescos of this world charge. Further explanation here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2007/jul/16/supermarkets.retail2

Well thats my interest in the product finished. If children &/or animals were not abused or at least injured during the manufacturing, them I'm not interested.

I thought Brian was kicked out of the band for his Pro-Bono leanings ...
Mully

Next

Return to The BellyBoard