Gigs in 2010

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Gigs in 2010

Postby Nathalie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:35 am

it will be mister Benn! saw him in dublin in july, probably my favourite gig so far this year. and check if pretty light is supporting him. if so, don't miss him. he blew me away. enjoy! :D
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Melody55555 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Trying to get time for a getaway to Toronto to see Bell X1 in October and it looks to be a way cool place to stay the night too, a big plus. I so need a vacation...

Bringing a show in myself to our sleepy little wine soaked corner of the world:

Chris Trapper - October 25th at Noble Winery
Chris co-writes songs with Great Big Sea from Canada and has been selling out his own shows too. He was front man for the alt indie group the Push Stars back in the 90's and his music has been featured in many movies including 1999 "Everything Shines" placed in THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY (Ben Stiller, Cameron Diaz) [film/soundtrack] and is most known for his song THIS TIME, the Number 1 selling song on the Grammy nominated soundtrack for AUGUST RUSH (Robin Williams, Jonathan Rhys Meyers – Warner Bros Pictures).

I doubt anyone on the BellyBoard is within attendance distance, but thought I'd share the info. If you get an opportunity to see Chris (he plays Europe too) he puts on a really good show. It has been fun doing all this again. If it works well I will be bringing in more artists too!

Will anyone else be attending the Toronto show for Bell X1?
Melody55555

Postby Eoin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:30 pm

The Frames are playing in Whelans in December. Nostalgia madness. :)
Eoin

Postby Mully » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:35 pm

Eoin wrote:The Frames are playing in Whelans in December. Nostalgia madness. :)

Indeed. Probably the band I've seen most in there ... I remember their first attempt at the Britnness concert (secret gig on the beach in Brittas Bay) was washed out with the bad weather. The Bellies were playing whelans the same night, & kindly gave up their headline slot to play support to The Frames who pulled out one of their epic 3hr sets. Oooh my aching bones. Loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DisROp5qvw
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Mully » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:33 am

Nathalie wrote:it will be mister Benn! saw him in dublin in july, probably my favourite gig so far this year. and check if pretty light is supporting him. if so, don't miss him. he blew me away. enjoy! :D

DJ Shadow is doing a 1hr Q&A in Grand Canal Theatre as part of the Offset Festival.
Fri Oct 1st, 5-6pm

http://iloveoffset.com/schedule.html
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:26 am

I'm contemplating going to that. i would recommend it too.

http://www.nch.ie/Box-Office/Performanc ... tm_term=+-
Nathalie

Postby Nathalie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:56 pm

going to that one above, and to damien dempsey in december too. oh yes... dempsey, my king! :D
Nathalie

Postby Melody55555 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Just bought our tickets for the Toronto show! :D
Melody55555

ticket swap-4 inkillarney 20th for 4 in cork 13th

Postby mikep » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi,
I have 4 tickets for killarney inec on the 20th and am looking to swap them for 4 in cork on the 13th--anyone interested?
thanks
mikep

Postby Rocky » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Boston gig tomorrow night. I keep forgetting. Very excited.
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby shiv » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:28 pm

I want to see the Commitments....just to see them all together. Yes I am totally buying into the whole nostalgia thing but I LOVE that film! I just don't know how I'll be able to afford it :(
shiv

Postby Mully » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:24 pm

shiv wrote:I want to see the Commitments....just to see them all together. Yes I am totally buying into the whole nostalgia thing but I LOVE that film! I just don't know how I'll be able to afford it :(

Its fucking crazy money for a coversband & I reckon the O2 is waaaaaay too big for it. Sure Picketts not going to even jam with them.

Rewatch the film instead.
Mully

Postby Rocky » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:40 pm

Ingrid Michaelson tonight at the House of Blues. I know very little about her except one song so it should be interesting.
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Mr Benn » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:24 pm

Rocky wrote:Ingrid Michaelson tonight at the House of Blues. I know very little about her except one song so it should be interesting.

Me too funnily enough, but just because Guggenheim Grotto are supporting!
"Your skin is something that I stir into my tea"
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby Rocky » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:13 am

That's funny. I didn't even realise they were playing. I'd heard of them but didn't know anything about them. Wasn't that impressed I'm afraid but they seem like nice guys and what not. IM was ok. Good in spots. She did a version of Nightswimming which was very good. I can see why the whole place was populated with 15 year old girls however.
Rocky

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard