Metal on Metal

Moderator: Eoin

Metal on Metal

Postby Mully » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Anyone get the picture on twitter, if it was posted ?

04 March 2010

Bell X1 will be rubbing shoulders with the cream of Hollywood at a pre-Oscars bash in LA tonight.
Paul Noonan and Co. will provide the entertainment, along with Jupiter Rising at the annual US-Ireland Alliance's Oscar Wilde party.
The Irish Oscar nominees will also be there of course, as will Irish writer Colum McCann and honourary Irish man JJ Abrahms, who will be celebrated at the event.

But that's not the only stargazing BellX1 are up to - they've tweeted about meeting legendary metal band Anvil in a diner - and having their picture taken with them.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Re: Metal on Metal

Postby Colm » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:43 am

"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Mully » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:49 pm

I wonder who recognised who ?

:wink:
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:59 pm

love that one. looks like they're 15 gone to some mid-term holiday camp. away from the parents and all... i see rory is saying his prayers before food. that's my boy.

http://bellexwan.files.wordpress.com/20 ... -gig-3.jpg
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby stasia_k » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:05 pm

Those photos are SO GREAT! I am on a serious Bellie high these days - saw the show in LA, and have the audio, which I'll post as soon as I can. I'm getting ready to move to Cleveland for a new job, so things are a bit crazy...
stasia_k

Return to The BellyBoard