March 17, 2010.

Moderator: Eoin

March 17, 2010.

Postby Nathalie » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:35 am

and here we are again, St Patrick's day, the parade, the drinks, the tourists and everything green...

wishing you all a great day. i'm working so no joy here (that's my proposal for "your country. your call". no time off. ever!)

and check the new digital photographs online of the country's library. pretty cool. you might see your grandad Seamus, or your auntie Mary... http://www.nli.ie/en/homepage.aspx

And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Re: March 17, 2010.

Postby Mully » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:31 am

Beannacht Lá Fhéile Pádraig dibh.

Cheers for the digital photos link ... Work is slow today so I shall peruse.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Mully » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:54 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicbl ... day-pogues

Bellies get a mention, for good or bad.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby pigography » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Mully wrote:Beannacht Lá Fhéile Pádraig dibh.

Easy for you to say. Happy St. Patrick's Day. (Just found out what Póg ma thoin means whilst searching what Mully said. :lol: )

An odd thing today. Someone at work mentioned that his wife was Irish "but not the green Irish; she's an orange Irish" - meaning she's not Catholic but Protestant. I've never heard that before!
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby lilac*mess » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:32 pm

pigography wrote:
Mully wrote:Beannacht Lá Fhéile Pádraig dibh.

Easy for you to say. Happy St. Patrick's Day. (Just found out what Póg ma thoin means whilst searching what Mully said. :lol: )

An odd thing today. Someone at work mentioned that his wife was Irish "but not the green Irish; she's an orange Irish" - meaning she's not Catholic but Protestant. I've never heard that before!

Me neither, that's interesting. In that case think I'd like to be (half) the white-bit-in-the-middle Irish :)

Happy Paddy's Day everyone. Do most of you get a day off work then? No such luck for George's Day, rubbish.
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

Postby Eoin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:34 am

lilac*mess wrote:Happy Paddy's Day everyone. Do most of you get a day off work then? No such luck for George's Day, rubbish.

Yeah, Patrick's Day is a public holiday so it's a day off for most and Sunday pay rates for those who work. :)
Eoin

Postby pigography » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:06 am

lilac*mess wrote:Happy Paddy's Day everyone. Do most of you get a day off work then? No such luck for George's Day, rubbish.

St.George? The one who slayed the dragon? That's my elementary school! ... Odd how my mind works when alcohol is involved.

Well I had my 3/4 pint of green beer with coworkers, stumbled home and am now trying to sober up with a pot of tea. I feel swimmingly.
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby pigography » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:08 am

Oh, and would someone please spell out "Beannacht Lá Fhéile Pádraig dibh" phonetically for me? I'd like to know how you pronounce it!
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Rocky » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:15 am

pigography wrote:Oh, and would someone please spell out "Beannacht Lá Fhéile Pádraig dibh" phonetically for me? I'd like to know how you pronounce it!

Banocht Law Ayla Pawrick dhiv. or that's the best i can do anyway. Went to the club finals yesterday. For a day that promised so much it really sucked something awful
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Mully » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:20 am

Rocky wrote:
pigography wrote:Oh, and would someone please spell out "Beannacht Lá Fhéile Pádraig dibh" phonetically for me? I'd like to know how you pronounce it!

Banocht Law Ayla Pawrick dhiv. or that's the best i can do anyway. Went to the club finals yesterday. For a day that promised so much it really sucked something awful

Note to Pigo: dibh refers to you plural .... For just one person, you use duit, pronounced gwitch.

The Club Finals generally are ... Did I hear right that a Clare team made the football final ? How bad a hurler do you have to be to be a Clare Footballer.
I remember one year, I went to the schools rugby final. The 'nure won 3-0. Says it all about the quality of that game.

lilac*mess wrote:Do most of you get a day off work then? No such luck for George's Day, rubbish.

No day off for me either ... but I do get 2 days off in Marching season though. Feeling very rough this morning, lack of sleep more than drink, but drink played its part ...
Mully

Postby lilac*mess » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:24 am

Mully wrote: Feeling very rough this morning, lack of sleep more than drink, but drink played its part ...

We noticed :P

Mully wrote:For just one person, you use duit, pronounced gwitch.

Wtf? Why not just spell it gwitch then.
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

Postby Mully » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:43 am

lilac*mess wrote:

Its a secret. Have you been getting your loyalty card stamped at immigration ?
We divulge more secrets, the more visits you make ...
Mully

Postby pigography » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:34 am

Rocky wrote:Banocht Law Ayla Pawrick dhiv.

Thanks Rocky. (I should've tried saying it last night when my tongue was loose!)

lilac*mess wrote:

Because gwitch is for when you're addressing a good witch... bwitch, however, is what one drunken lass calls another when they're being nasty to one another.
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Mully » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:05 am

pigography wrote:Because gwitch is for when you're addressing a good witch... bwitch, however, is what one drunken lass calls another when they're being nasty to one another.

B*witched were nasty alright.

Mully

Return to The BellyBoard