So this may be a FAQ, but... Blue lights on the RUNWAY?

Moderator: Eoin

So this may be a FAQ, but... Blue lights on the RUNWAY?

Postby Leebert » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:09 am

OK, I have to ask.

Am I missing some clever thing about this title? I mean, if you're seeing blue lights on your runway, you just MIGHT want to re-evaluate what you're doing, because blue lights are taxiways... :)
Leebert

Re: So this may be a FAQ, but... Blue lights on the RUNWAY?

Postby Eoin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Hehe, I don't believe the question has previously been asked on the forum anyway. :)

We have had the issue of x-ray machines as distinct from metal detectors raised before. :wink:
Eoin

Postby lilac*mess » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Been a while since I've flown at night, but aren't the lights along the side blue? Or is it green? ..Or am I thinking of a motorway?
remember your raincoat
lilac*mess

Postby Leebert » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:21 am

lilac*mess wrote:Been a while since I've flown at night, but aren't the lights along the side blue? Or is it green? ..Or am I thinking of a motorway?

Nope, it's most certainly white lights along the runway. (There are also red, green, and yellow lights at various places on or near runways). And taxiways are most certainly blue.

Anyway, I wasn't asking to nitpick so much as to figure out if there was a joke or something that I missed in there.
Leebert

Postby Mully » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:58 am

Leebert wrote:
lilac*mess wrote:Been a while since I've flown at night, but aren't the lights along the side blue? Or is it green? ..Or am I thinking of a motorway?

Nope, it's most certainly white lights along the runway. (There are also red, green, and yellow lights at various places on or near runways). And taxiways are most certainly blue.

Anyway, I wasn't asking to nitpick so much as to figure out if there was a joke or something that I missed in there.

I doubt there is a joke, but I presume most folk on the street are not familiar with the technical nuances of airports, just us pedants :wink:
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Mully » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:08 am

I see the Blue Lights album has been a hit in Belgium ....

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/eu ... =dailynews
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Return to The BellyBoard