Tour off to a great start!

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Tour off to a great start!

Postby stasia_k » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Mully wrote:
stasia_k wrote: I am SO envious that you got to hear Just Like Mr. Benn, which might be my top wish list song

Hey Stasia,

Can I ask the question, Do you know Mr Benn ?
He was a childhood figure.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TLOvU1qno-0/R ... benn_L.jpg

No, I had no idea who Mr. Benn was - but he's cute! Thanks for cluing me in. When I was a kid I had a Mr. Bill shirt, from Saturday Night Live, but that's not quite the same thing :lol:
stasia_k

Postby stasia_k » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:55 pm

So, my heart races just as I try to think about how to express the awesomeness of last night's show. First of all, they played Mr. Benn *for me*, obviously not knowing who I was, but Paul introduced it by saying, "there is someone here tonight who really wants to hear this song." Turns out he read my comment on this thread, which I should clarify was hardly a request, but a random response to the fact that they played it in Ann Arbor. And afterward, I had a very nice chat with Dave, and also spoke briefly with Paul, using the song as an excuse to hang around :)

The setlist was mostly the same as in Philly, but with some changes to the order, and 2 new songs:
How Your Heart is Wired
Bad Skin Day
Velcro
Rocky
Light Catches Your Face
Flame
Ribs
Nightwatchman
Eve
Mr. Benn
Great Defector
----encore (though they didn't leave the stage)
Built to Last - by Dave, not the Henderson song (and of course that's the one thing I forgot to ask him about!)
Next to You
I'll See Your Heart

From where I was standing, a column partially obscured Paul, but I had a great view of Dave and Dom - I've decided I'm a Dave fan, and bought his most recent album, which I listened to this morning on my way home. Oh, and a great story during the show involved their plans for today in Washington D.C.; probably as I write this they are getting a tour of the West Wing of the White House, and they were a little concerned about being able to comply with the "business casual" dress code! No denim, mini skirts, or heels over 4" (can you imagine?). Such a great night, the kind that is the reason I go to so many shows.
stasia_k

Postby Rocky » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:02 am

Oh that's very cool that they did actually plan it for you. I guess it makes sense that they read the threads about the tour. Really should get around to booking tickets for Galway now that I'm home and will have nothing to really look forward to after I graduate Tuesday. See how I can make every thread about me :mrgreen:
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Mully » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:19 pm

stasia_k wrote: Oh, and a great story during the show involved their plans for today in Washington D.C.; probably as I write this they are getting a tour of the West Wing of the White House, and they were a little concerned about being able to comply with the "business casual" dress code! No denim, mini skirts, or heels over 4" (can you imagine?).

http://main.bellx1.com/2010/10/19/bell- ... ite-house/
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Previous

Return to The BellyBoard