I'll see your heart...

Moderator: Eoin

I'll see your heart...

Postby jollylee » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:11 am

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know where the words for the alternative ending to "I'll see your heart and i'll raise you mine" come from. Not the mrs jackson one. Its something about being knocked down by a bus? they finished the song with it at the end of the Ennis acoustic gig last tuesday.

All help appreciated,
Joe.
jollylee

Re: I'll see your heart...

Postby shiv » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:58 am

Its "There is a light that never goes out" by the smiths.....they played it at the end of the galway gig too. Twas pretty awesome :D
shiv

Postby Nathalie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:48 am

anyone knows which one they sang in dublin? i kind of know the song but haven't a clue who it is.
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Colm » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:32 pm

Nathalie wrote:anyone knows which one they sang in dublin? i kind of know the song but haven't a clue who it is.

I'm fairly sure it was Goin' Back - not sure who wrote it but I think the best-known version was by Dusty Springfield.
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Mully » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:12 pm

Colm wrote:
Nathalie wrote:anyone knows which one they sang in dublin? i kind of know the song but haven't a clue who it is.

I'm fairly sure it was Goin' Back - not sure who wrote it but I think the best-known version was by Dusty Springfield.

I presume in Bellyland of nostalgia, its from the ESB advert from the 80s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSlfAOxTTIA
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Colm » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:41 pm

The lads were on Today FM this morning, they played Goin' Back and two other songs. You can listen back here: http://media.todayfm.com/

Click on Ray D'Arcy Show Tuesday Part 3 - skip to about 15 mins for a bit of a chat and Slowset, about 31 mins for a new song called Sugar High and around 55 mins for Goin' Back.
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Rocky » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:08 pm

Nice work Colm. I heard the first line on Slowset and then had to leave (long story) and only got back to the radio on time for the last line. Really liked the Dusty Springfield cover though. That's class.
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Nathalie » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:36 am

thanks Colm for all the info! :)
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Return to The BellyBoard