Spirt Store was amazing last night

Moderator: Eoin

Spirt Store was amazing last night

Postby Anne-Marie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Still on a high today. Thanks to Paul, Dom and Dave for an amazing gig last night in the Spirit Store. Although a regular in the SS and a regular to all the Bell X1 gigs for the past 7 years or so, I'd never been lucky enough before to get tickets to see them in the SS before. Great to hear the stripped back versions of all the songs - it really showcased the wonderful voices and musical talent. Really liking the new stuff like 'Velcro' and 'Sugar High'. It bodes well for their new album next year.
And "Light catches her face" left me with goose bumps - my song of the night!

Sitting in my local on a Wednesday night, surrounded by friends, listening to these talented guys - it really does not get much better than this!
Anne-Marie

Re: Spirt Store was amazing last night

Postby Rocky » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:03 pm

I gotta say I'm really impressed with Sugar High after hearing it on Ray D'arcy for the first time the other morning. The love the songs with smart-arse lyrics. I also like Velcro but I hope that they're not relying on it as one of the big ones.
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Return to The BellyBoard