Live Music 2011

Moderator: Eoin

Live Music 2011

Postby Nathalie » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Yes, already planning and buying for next year...

Nouvelle vague in January, Sade in May and the latest addition, Justin Bieber in March. Bringing my 10 year old daughter. It's gonna be a funny one... Baby Baby Baby Ooooh! :)
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Re: Live Music 2011

Postby Colm » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:44 pm

The Bellies are playing Live at the Marquee in Cork next July.

http://main.bellx1.com/2010/11/26/bell- ... announced/
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby aoife05 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:44 pm

Colm wrote:The Bellies are playing Live at the Marquee in Cork next July.

http://main.bellx1.com/2010/11/26/bell- ... announced/

Road trip :D
"It's not a gig, it's a focus group. "- Paul Noonan
aoife05

Postby shiv » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:28 pm

EP early bird tickets on sale this monday...........i'll be there :D
shiv

Postby shiv » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:50 pm

got my EP ticket and Bellies April 7th! also going to Plan B and will probably end up at the Choice....but that is definitely it!
shiv

Postby Nathalie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:30 pm

just got my ticket for the 6th. will be part of my xmas presie to myself... :D
Nathalie

Postby Andy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:33 pm

The Decemberists hit Vicar Street on Friday 4th of March. There are a truck load of us making the trip up from Cork for this one. It's been a long time since I've been to Vicar Street. Looking forward to it.
Andy

Postby Nathalie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:01 am

Mr Scruff @Tripod, in February. Should be a good one. :D

And if you're into blues/jazz/jungle, there's C W Stoneking playing the Working man's Club at the end of January. Check him out. I'll probably go that too.

http://www.myspace.com/cwstoneking
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:23 am

Good weekend coming up in early March ... The Decemberists & The Naked & The Famous on a Fri/Sat.

I haven't been to the TBMC in years. I was there soon after it got a revamp.
Is the carpet still in the venue, & if so, does it smell ?!?
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:25 am

so going to the Trinity Ball this year. I've never been and the bellies, the streets and the minutes... nice nice one...

now... the dress... what's appropriate for a cougar ersatz? :mrgreen:
Nathalie

Postby shiv » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:06 am

Plan B at the weekend and front row seats at the choice!!!!!!!! very exciting week ahead!
shiv

Postby Mully » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:02 am

Nathalie wrote:so going to the Trinity Ball this year. I've never been and the bellies, the streets and the minutes... nice nice one...

now... the dress... what's appropriate for a cougar ersatz? :mrgreen:

:shock:

Interesting ... Not sure I'd be too interested in it, but life is about living
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 am

i've always wanted to go and never have. Strange enough considering i actually lived on the campus at some stage. around the same time our friends here were studying there too. unconscious beginning of a life long passion... :) So back to Trinity for me too before i'm officially old this summer!
Nathalie

Postby trickster » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:18 am

Ok so I thought I wouldn't be around for Bell X1's Vicar St. gigs but I am and I would loveeeeeeeeeeee to find some tickets for either date

Anyone selling or knows anyone who knows anyone who might know someone who would? :D :D
"I'm love me, love me, love me, i'm a small bit of a prick, i got the meat sweats from this real politic"
trickster

Postby Andy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:01 am

trickster wrote:Anyone selling or knows anyone who knows anyone who might know someone who would? :D :D

These guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V4QVJEq_oQ

Make it to Vicar St on the 4th Mully? Pity I didn't know you were heading, could have touched bass. Great gig I thought. Went to see Ben Ottewell a couple of weeks back. He was underwhelming on his own, but Gomez were always so bloody brilliant and a band that I followed from Cork to Belfast in 2002, so he had a lot to live up to on his own. Really emphasised the fact that bands are generally greater than the sum of their parts. He was very good, I'm being a bit harsh. Also caught Pete Courtney by chance last week. Great gig, but late night at the Crane Lane, so sh!te crowd.

Was working at the paddy's day festival today and got to meet/see Jamie Lawson and hear his other songs. Really nice guy. Fred were also playing, great as always. Last up were 'Parish'. Put together by Donal Dineen, he had Ronán Ó Snódaigh on bodhrán and 'wave drum', Niwel Tsumbu (well known, amazing musician in Cork, who I hadn't seen for a long time) on guitar, Republic of Loose's drummer and an excellent bass player/singer/percussionist. And this was a stripped down version. Usually they have Liam Ó Maonlaí and others as well. They were, in the p!ss!ng rain, awesome. Donal spins records and the others jam over it. They've just finished an album apparently but I reckon this is a band that are made for live shows. Late night. Give me that instead of a DJ and I'll pay 20 quid into the club.

Sufjan in May sounds tasty and i'm interested in the tallest man on earth. Also Mercury Rev playing Deserters Songs is pretty amazing (opening up for both nights in Cork with David Nelligan, so quietly very very excited about this). Dave plays in Freds this Thursday which I'm excited about. The amazing Niamh Murphy is also playing. That's a freebie, so if anyone from Cork on here reads this in time, take my word for it and head in. I play with both so i'm definitely biassed but they are both savage, trust me. Proof? Ok: http://alonetone.com/dn0619 and http://www.myspace.com/niamhtunes . Niamh's is pretty out of date. She needs to make an album, but she's been busy getting wrapped up in another band which she's just quit, so she seems to have a bit of focus anyway. Anyway, bbc2 just ended. I need to go to bed. I love you all.

Oh.. and, house of cosy cushions on the 27th at the crane. That's a band I haven't seen for a couple of years and last time they were very very good.
Andy

Next

Return to The BellyBoard