Live Music 2011

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Live Music 2011

Postby Mully » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:26 pm

I had a decent week just gone; dEUS in Dublin on Wed, Jape in Belfast on Thurs & Damo Dempsey in Liverpool on Sat.

Time to sleep.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:48 pm

how was damo? any new material? he's playing a xmas gig in dublin. haven't got my ticket yet. wondering if i should go and see him although i've been to 10 gigs at least in the last 6 years.
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:09 am

Nathalie wrote:how was damo? any new material? he's playing a xmas gig in dublin. haven't got my ticket yet. wondering if i should go and see him although i've been to 10 gigs at least in the last 6 years.

One new tune ... About destructive relationships, I think it was called " Blasting out of here"

I don't think the Christmas gig will be any different to any of those 10 gigs, to be honest, but you'd still have a great night though !!
I will be waiting for a new album before seeing him again.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Rocky » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:01 pm

Went to see Lisa Hannigan in Boston last night. Ably supported by Gavin Glass. Not as much energy from her as I would have like but she engaged well with the crowd as the gig went on and the last couple of songs finished on an upper. Plenty of Irish there too of course.
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Nathalie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:17 am

Mully wrote:

One new tune ... About destructive relationships, I think it was called " Blasting out of here"

I don't think the Christmas gig will be any different to any of those 10 gigs, to be honest, but you'd still have a great night though !!

Funny, i'm just officially out of my destructive relationship. Call me Mademoiselle Nathalie from now on. :wink:

That's what i love about Dempsey and the Bellies, my two favourites here (Sinead's lost the plot for too long at this stage). They sing about a life that relates to many.

Still tempted to go though. Have missed the last few gigs. I miss my Dublin king.
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Nathalie wrote:
Mully wrote:

Call me Mademoiselle Nathalie from now on. :wink:

Je vais, bien sûr. Félicitations pour votre évasion.
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:09 pm

"évasion" is really the word. I escaped from the prison i'd locked myself in. How strange life can be. :?

Anyway, it's all good now! :D
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Going to see Okkervil River in 2wks time, then looking forward to Bellies soon after that in Deaf Institute. Other half is looking forward to hearing Slowset, but I don't know how to break the news to her. Bless.

Oh, I now live in Manchester, so you'll seeing that pop up quite alot, oooh matron.
Mully

Postby Mr Benn » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Got Bell X1 and Baths coming up here in Boston, and Lisa Hannigan in Whelans when I get home for Christmas.
"Your skin is something that I stir into my tea"
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby Rocky » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Oh ya Bellx1 are here soon. I feel like they're still so far away. Have to try and pull off a serious stunt by going to The Kooks (not my idea) the same evening so interesting to see how it'll work out.
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Eoin » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:16 am

St. Vincent on November 13th. :)
Eoin

Postby Nathalie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:22 am

Gavin Friday on Nov 17th and Bell X1 at the Midnight Olympia. Life's good! :D
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:02 pm

I could never take to Gavin Friday ... Makes me break out in a rash.
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:11 pm

I know nothing about his music. I believe his last album is good. Thing is, i've met him a couple of times through common friends and i thought i should go and see him on stage. Something different.
Nathalie

Postby Mr Benn » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:33 am

I was given his most recent album as a present, and unfortunately it's utter shite (despite the reviews). In happier news, scored a ticket to Radiohead today. :D Might try and get to the Houston show too.
"Your skin is something that I stir into my tea"
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard